Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Showdown II - Business

Okay, so two items of business. The rules and a final head count. Was at the Seafood Depot on Friday night and we need to get as close to a head count as possible and final confirmation of those attending so we can work with the Depot to make sure things runs smoothly with wait staff and so forth. We need the team head count and the teams in red to check back in. I would like to return to the Depot so your alls help is much appreciated.

See my question marks below and provide input:
Skin in the Game: Am I seeing 17 Teams
Team Boat Needs A Name - Flatwater/Flatwater's Bro/Greg (3)
Team Whale of a Time - Bobber/Numbaoneson (2)
Team Huge Pucker - Big Daddy Huge/Pucker Factor (2)
Team ??? - Oxman/? (2?)
Team Tarpoontang - Captain Backyard, Corporal Backyard, Snook Magnet (3)
Team FlatsFisher – fltsfshr, suzy snook, and the chunk king (3)
Team MOB - FishMcNut/TGunn (2)
Team Cutbait - Jr and Jerry (4 for dinner)
Team Plantation Island- Outlaw, Matt A, Bob The Bug (3)
Team STickum - ??? (2?)
Team HookedOn Snook - HookedOnSnook88/? (2)
Team Davey Navy- Double A/TBA (2)
Team Huge-er Tail - Nick/Fernita (2)
Team NightFly - Night fly/? (2?)
Team Tiki Time (3)
Team Dragon Bait (3)
Team LBS - Little Boy Slim/Bowgunner (2)

No Skin in the Game:
Blewitupsir (1)

West Coast **** -2
Peter B
ESD

East Coast **** -1
Lostmens5

Replies

• Pucker FactorPucker Factor Posts: 875 Officer
    Any major issues with the rules, please let me know on IM please. This is for fun and I am seeking input on any glaring issues.

Keeping it simple is the name of the game

Showdown II
    Fee: $40.00 per team for 2 anglers (Additional angler is $20, max 3 per boat)

Entry fee must be paid at the captains meeting

Captain's meeting location: Seafood Depot (In the back room)
    • Everyone is responsible for their own bill.

Captain's meeting time: Friday October 12, 2012 @7PM

Tournament Location: -ENP and 10,000 Islands

Fishing Hours: -7AM (lines in). There will be no lines out time. -All Anglers must meet at the Island Café, south Side Lot no later than 5:30PM. -Teams that have not turned in scorecards by 5:30PM, will be disqualified.

Species:- Snook, Redfish and Trout

General Rules: The 1st place team shall be the team that accumulates the most total inches of eligible fish. Only the largest fish caught in each of the eligible fish categories per boat/team shall be used in calculating the total inches. Each fish entered must meet minimum size requirements in accordance with Florida State laws. The minimum length on snook for points is 22 inches. The length of an eligible fish shall be calculated to the closest 1/2 inch rounded down to the closest inch or 1/2 inch.(a 15.75” trout is 15.5 points) PINCH tail on ALL species. Fingers may be in the photographs but fingers should be minimized and should not impact the committee's ability to determine the size of the fish. Fingers should only be used to stabilize the fish during photographing process. In the event of a tie, the team catching the third species toward the team total the earliest will be the winner.

In the event of 20 or more boats:
    Second and third place teams shall be the team that accumulates the second and third most total points respectively, of eligible fish in accordance with the above rules.

At the discretion of the tournament committee, additional categories may be added.

Measuring Device: Each team shall produce their own teams measuring device that shall be of rigid nonflexible material such as an FS Lawstick, yard stick or other homemade device. Not acceptable measuring devices will be any type of measuring tape that can be folded or altered in any way.

Photographs: A digital Camera is MANDATORY for competing in the Showdown. Each fish (Snook, Redfish, and Trout) entered on a scorecard must be photographed with your digital camera at the time the fish is caught. The photograph must clearly show the head of the fish at the end of the measuring device and clearly show the entire fish and the total length of the fish. The secret item must be present in each photograph.

Protests: -If you protest or argue at any time you and your entire team will be disqualified!!!!!

IGFA Rules: An angler must hook, fight and bring the fish to the boat unaided by any other person. Another angler on the vessel can only assist with the netting of the fish. Gaffing shall not be allowed!!! All IGFA rules shall apply except leader length and gaffing as specifically stated herein. It is the responsibility of each angler to know, understand and abide by the IGFA and these rules.

Hold Harmless All anglers will fish at their own risk. All anglers agree, by paying their entry fee, to indemnify and hold harmless all members of the tournament committee, Sponsors and their agents and employees from any and all liability, loss or damage they may suffer arising out of this fishing tournament.

ALL LAWS AND REGULATIONS WITH RESPECT TO EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK WILL BE STRICTLY ABIDED BY ALL PARTICIPANTS. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO THE CLOSED NO COMBUSTION ZONES AND FISHING INSIDE THE MARINA WHERE THE LINE IS AT THE NO WAKE ZONE. NO CASTING OF BAITS OVER THIS LINE INTO THE NO FISHING AREA. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE LAWS WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND PLACE FUTURE ENTRIES IN THE SERIES IN JEOPARDY.

At the end of the day the score sheets must be turned in to Adam (Pucker Factor) or Nick(Tailchaser)
  • Rebait2003Rebait2003 Posts: 122 Deckhand
    Adam, Team Dragon Bait is 3 at the moment. Will let you know if that changes.
  • PeterBPeterB Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    West Coast **** -2
    Peter B
    ESD
    There aint no West Coast boys talking about dating each other during your love fest!! That all comes from the East:grin Besides, I wasn't talking about you Pucker, but seems I struck a nerve though :shrug
  • tailchaser16tailchaser16 Posts: 655 Officer
    PeterB wrote: »
    There aint no West Coast boys talking about dating each other during your love fest!! That all comes from the East:grin Besides, I wasn't talking about you Pucker, but seems I struck a nerve though :shrug

:blahblah
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    No skin in the game, but going to stop by the Depot Friday night (blewitupsir party of 1). Booked on a trip saturday and will try to be in by 1730 to see who the big winners are after.
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
  • Captain BackyardCaptain Backyard Posts: 441 Deckhand
    Team Tarpoontang. 3, SnookMagnet, My brother George, and myself!
  • Rebait2003Rebait2003 Posts: 122 Deckhand
    Team Cutbait is JR and Jerry Worley. 4 for the Captain's Meeting.
  • fltsfshrfltsfshr Posts: 292 Officer
    team fltsfshr will have 3 contestants on board.

fltsfshr, suzy snook, and the chunk king.

See you all Friday night.

fltsfshr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Updates are continually happening.

Thanks for the replies. This will make things work out better on the planning side.

For whatever reason if anyone runs into an issue, only one member from the team needs to be at the captains meeting should something happen to your plans at the last minute.

GTFU.
  • RCarbonRCarbon Posts: 256 Officer
    I'm out... Someone prefers blondes...:dance
  • tailchaser16tailchaser16 Posts: 655 Officer
    I think we all prefer that particular blonde and the talent said blonde has. And I'm not talking about fishing.:wink
  • nightflynightfly Posts: 506 Officer
    Team nightfly will be 2. Lil drew and myself. 2 for the captains meeting
  • HookedOnSnook88HookedOnSnook88 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Team HookedOn Snook in.... with two.
  • gladesrunnergladesrunner Posts: 122 Deckhand
    Could I get directions to chocoloskie? I will be coming from the area of the Republic of Hialeah.

Will there be a bimini start?
    You should know where Calle Ocho is right? Take that oeste.

You're slow *** would only be hoping for a Bimini start. Answer is NO!
  • oxmanoxman Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Cannot get back to Florida in time for the event. Really wish I could have, was looking forward to it. Have a great weekend guys!
  • BobberBobber Posts: 943 Officer
    I'm out - my VRO/fuel pump is in pieces and replacement diaphram doesn't arrive until today.
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    Going to get in late today, and got to get ready for a charter tomorrow so not going to make it to the Depot tonite. Wanted to wish everyone goodluck tomorrow. Once I get off the water gonna head over to see who the big winners are and try to meet a few of you. We will be fishing the western end of the park and the 10K islands tommorrow, anyone needs any help or has problems give me a shout on 68. Be safe, good fishing
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
  • fltsfshrfltsfshr Posts: 292 Officer
    We saw a lot bait around today. Found a few reds here and there. Suzy Snook and I won't be at the dinner tonite, but The Chunk King (Dave P) will represent us. We'll see you all in the morning.

fltsfshr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IndianoutlawIndianoutlaw Posts: 550 Officer
    Having a beer at the bar now, best one I've had all day!
    P1000022_2.jpg