Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Another Inshore Trip

Took 2 guys out today for some inshore fishing. Left this morning from POI about 0900 or so. Took my small boat and figured we would hit the mangroves to throw arties all day. Ran to some deeper cuts and mangrove banks to wait on some water to start moving back in the islands. First fish on the boat an overslot trout. Spent the day throwing arties, at the mangroves and had a lot of sucess. Lots of redfish, snook, trout, and flounder. A few jacks, an errant spanish and other assorted varietys finished out the day. Great trip.
photo-3.jpg
http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.

Replies

• dtobiasdtobias Posts: 733 Officer
    Very nice Capt......there's some mighty fine eatin' on that deck
  • SnookMagnetSnookMagnet Posts: 122 Deckhand
    Flounders have been thick this summer
  • nightflynightfly Posts: 506 Officer
    The flounder are nice. If you don't mind would give more insight on the tactics you used to catch them
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    nightfly wrote: »
    The flounder are nice. If you don't mind would give more insight on the tactics you used to catch them

Don't mind a bit. I am assuming you are talking about how to target the flounder? they are a bycatch and not the actual target. All I do on my trips is find a good point with good moving water. And toss various plastics (mostly jerkbaits and shrimp imitations) on jigheads or weighted worm hooks. Its simple for a basic fisherman, and very sucessful on my charters. Play with colors, and jighead sizes. Also helps alot to use those negative low tides to find a good point espically looking for oysters dropping to a sand bottom. The flounder will lay in the transition. Hope that helps.
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
  • nightflynightfly Posts: 506 Officer
    Thanks man. They are a bycatch for me I can catch one maybe two and its pretty random. Then I try same spot same tactics and get nothing. In the colder months I've caught them on the nearshore reefs. I would like to get these dialed in thanks for the tips
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    nightfly wrote: »
    Thanks man. They are a bycatch for me I can catch one maybe two and its pretty random. Then I try same spot same tactics and get nothing. In the colder months I've caught them on the nearshore reefs. I would like to get these dialed in thanks for the tips

No problem. We catch them on most trips that we are throwing arties in certain spots. The biggest way to zero in on em is to look for that great point with oyster bar/sand and good moving water. The points that have been the best lately all have glass minnows pushed into them by the tide/wind. Hope that helps.