Best hunting shows

2»

Replies

• omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    flydown wrote: »
    However, I do enjoy Heartland Bowhunter.

Forgot about that one.
    If anyone else has Comcast do they know what channel hunting is on or is it a special package order?

Up here in HD it's 391 (Sportsman) and 392 (Outdoor). Not sure what the SD channels are. I got them with the Sports Package.
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 7,548 Admiral
    Generally have no patience for TV.........so I've not seen any of them. Beyond that...........well, I should leave it at that.
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,535 Admiral
    anything that isn't in texas or inside a cage.
    I'm easy to please.

I like Waddell, Drury bros', Brunson pair
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • NativeNative Posts: 130 Deckhand
    Heartland bowhunter is by far my fav show on.
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    I'm surprised nobody on here has said honey boo boo! Lol

On a side note what's with deer thugs and turkey thugs? I refuse to watch the show when I could just because of the name. I'm not bout dat life dawg!!! Seriously who are they trying to appeal to?

Sportsman ain't be thuggin!
  • james 14james 14 Posts: 3,001 Moderator
    I'm surprised nobody on here has said honey boo boo! Lol

On a side note what's with deer thugs and turkey thugs? I refuse to watch the show when I could just because of the name. I'm not bout dat life dawg!!! Seriously who are they trying to appeal to?
    Sportsman ain't be thuggin!

Doucey 30-something white guys with goatees who where skin tight graphic t's with the words "Affliction" splayed across the back.

Sorry if I offended anyone.
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,702 Captain
    I boycott anything with Waddell's name or logo on it. I will never give him a penny

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,313 Captain
    AllenR wrote: »
    I boycott anything with Waddell's name or logo on it. I will never give him a penny

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Have you ever meet the guy
    living life as i like
  • BowtechGen3BowtechGen3 Altoona, FlPosts: 778 Officer
    I personally like the Midwest Whitetail Series http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/gallery/131/media/4357/se125-diligence-pays-off.html

But I also enjoy watching the Primos shows usually.
    Director - Central Florida Dog Hunters & Sportsmans Association
    https://www.facebook.com/CFDHSA

1461718pb77ew55q8.gif
    Have you ever meet the guy

What does that have to do with anything?
    I just dislike the fact anything witht he bone collector logo has a mark up of about 20% on it just for the name
    And my cousin(s) used to hunt a high $$ lease in Ga next to his property. From what they told me, he is less than a stellar guy. I won't say anymore than that as I wasn't there
  • Conch27Conch27 Posts: 218 Officer
    Sasquatch is pretty cool, Yukon men is also great to watch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FLTXhunterFLTXhunter Posts: 516 Officer
    Every once in a while i'll catch a good one, but they are few and far between. Anyone ever seen "Razor Dobbs Alive"? This has got to be the most insanely ridiculously flat out stupid, "hunting" show on T.V. This guy has no place infront of a camera doing what he calls hunting. Just saying...
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,449 Captain
    On Your Own Adventures one of the better for my tastes.

Gotta have my hand on the TV remote when the wife is present......ready to click off at the kill shot.Sometimes I get tired of it too.
    it would be neat to have hunt pieces that also focus on the land,management,animal life cycles. Watch game up close,various life cycle routines without constant kill scene.

Come to think of it,I watch fewer and fewer shows.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
    What does that have to do with anything?
    I just dislike the fact anything witht he bone collector logo has a mark up of about 20% on it just for the name
    And my cousin(s) used to hunt a high $$ lease in Ga next to his property. From what they told me, he is less than a stellar guy. I won't say anymore than that as I wasn't there

I would gues that you work for a living just like most of us and thats what he does for a living just like all the other shows with sponsors that are in charge of the prices of the product . Knocking the guy for what he does would be like someone knocking a lady at the publix working . THAT GOES FOR ALL HUNTING SHOWS .
    living life as i like
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    I tried to watch PigMan the Series last night but I just couldn't do it. How much more stupid can a show get.

He's hunting in Texas. Gets up late and the hog is already there. By the time he gets within range, the hog is gone. Finally gets a hog in sight and BAM, shoots and misses. Then says he didn't verify the rifle zero after someone else sighted it in. Next he proceeds to shove down your throat Champion Targets and they're what made the gun dead on (and not him being lazy and checking the zero BEFORE he decided to shoot a hog with it). Champion Targets this, Champion Targets that :puke

Entertaining - not at all.
  • thecowboythecowboy Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Jimmy Big Time. i hope one day i can hunt as good as jimmy! he is way better hunter than anyone else out there, and always thinks of everyone else first.
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    I just caught gunnin it with Benny spies and it was actually a pretty good show didn't kill anything and that was ok it happens to us all. And he was pretty funny
  • GlennGlenn GeorgiaPosts: 1,724 Captain

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I agree...or Bill Jordan for that matter...
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    I got rid of my sports package. I can't stomach any of it any more. Meat Eater is about the only decent show I've seen in recent history. At least he goes into the history of man's need to hunt, the role it continues to play in our society and how to utilize an animal. Everything else is drivel.

As for Benny Spies, I know Benny personally. He went to FSU with some friends of mine and we've hunted together on several occasions. His show is a reality comedy show first and a hunting show second. What he really wanted to do (and I've seen the original pilot) was funny as heck and such a slap in the face of all the other outdoor shows... let's just say there isn't a network that would carry it. I was at the SHOT Show with him in '09 when he pitched the original pilot to VS Channel. The executives laughed hysterically. Then they told him there was no way they could put it on the air without toning it down significantly. Benny was crushed but he made the compromise in order to get his show on the air. Some may call it selling out, but at least he's doing what he loves for a living. It may not be as harsh a lampoon of the rest of the industry as he originally wanted, but it's still a satire of all those commercialized hunting shows you've all just bashed...he's just less blunt about it.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
    Funny people call it selling out but i bet 99% of the people that say it would do the same thing if they could quit there day job and hunt on tv for a living .
    living life as i like
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    Very true. I've been working at getting paid to hunt for over 20 years. I've never made enough to make a living at it, but that's okay. At least I get paid enough to do what I love without coming out of pocket too much. I've been very blessed and lucky to hunt and fish across the country a lot cheaper than if I had to pay for all those trips 100% on my own. Don't know that I could have done it otherwise. Good Lord willing, I'll be at it the rest of my life.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
  • Camocam813Camocam813 Posts: 244 Officer
    Anybody see the kid on heartland bowhunter a couple of weeks ago get his first big buck? **** near cried myself! Put this one on my list too!
  • duckboneduckbone Posts: 285 Officer
    Flyway highway is the best infomercial I have ever seen. He needs the flex seal guy to guest host with him.
    Not huntin, but I kinda dig the extreme catch fishing guy, I think on discovery channel. Dude is pretty hard core. And crazy

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  • jwilli332jwilli332 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    I got to cast my vote for Road Trips and Bone Collector, Its sort of the same cast for both shows but I find them very entertaining.
  • BakerActedBakerActed Posts: 285 Deckhand
    I can't stand Hank Parker 3D. His son passed on a wounded buck "in hopes of killing a trophy." Some sportsmen they are. I did like it when David Morris with Tecomate equated his show to the Playboy of deer hunting.
    old svhool buck masters tv
    living life as i like