Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Good Eats on the Water - North of Boca?

We usually head south to the Cove or Houston's for family cruises or when visitors come to visit for a nice cruise and dinner. Earlier this week we decided to cruise north to pre-scout the area. Maybe we missed it but didn't see much of anything going north. We saw a place called Deck84 which looked deserted and then Two George's and the place next to it. Kept going north to Lanatana and saw a place called Old Key Lime or something like that. Granted, it was a Tuesday afternoon and crowds should be expected to be light but I was not impressed with much of anything. Did we miss something or turn back too soon?

Replies

• ChadJ55ChadJ55 Posts: 172 Officer
    You found all the good ones. In order of my favorites, I'd go with :

#1 Old Key Lime House. One of my favorite FL bars actually. Not the best food in the world, but fun atmosphere and great view. Some really tasty appetizers and sandwiches.
    #2 Deck 84. Great bar and very good food.
    #3 Banana Boat. South side of the canal from Two Georges. Fun outside bar. Decent food.
    #4 Two Georges. Used to love the place, but it just hasn't rung my bell the last few times I've gone.
    706286751_21d4534df5_o.jpg
  • Uncle BuckUncle Buck Posts: 1,195 Officer
    An upper-scale crowd, and a bit pricey... Old Calypso has some really good food. (directly across from Deck 84)

I think that completes the on-the-water list from Boca to Lantana.
    Meanwhile, on the little fiberglass boat Uncle Buck...
  • GRSCGRSC Posts: 942 Officer
    Generally speaking, the food options suck. Calypso probably has the best quality and worst atmosphere. Deck 84 food stinks IMO but the PBR's are cold and the weekend reggae band is good. Two George's food is just plain bad, Banana Boat slightly better. Key Lime house has improved their food the last few months (the lobster/shrimp rolls are pretty **** tatsy). Moving north, use the new public docks near Clematis and hit up Bahama Mama's.

A good idea is to dock up at Two G's, enjoy some frozen mudslides and/or cold beers and stroll 1 and 1/2 blocks west and chow down at Hurricane Alley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChadJ55ChadJ55 Posts: 172 Officer
    GRSC wrote: »
    A good idea is to dock up at Two G's, enjoy some frozen mudslides and/or cold beers and stroll 1 and 1/2 blocks west and chow down at Hurricane Alley.

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about.
    706286751_21d4534df5_o.jpg
  • wyler1085wyler1085 Posts: 30 Deckhand
    I've been to all of them, and I'd say Deck 84 is your best option. Great atmosphere, drinks, and the best food of the bunch. Two George's is probably a little more laid back, and it's a close second for me. At Old Calypso the food might be good, but you'll probably be the only people there besides some 90 year olds that are about to keel over.
  • bababouybababouy Posts: 560 Officer
    if im going for a cruise with the old lady for a day, we usually stop and grab a couple of publix subs and anchor up in lake wyman (beer can island). The crowd is always good, the food is just what you expect, and the beer is always cold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Night Hawk Monitoring
  • Uncle BuckUncle Buck Posts: 1,195 Officer
    Enough Already... next time ya wanna do a ditch/dinner cruise... gimme a call. I may have enough fresh fish to cook en'route! hahaha
    Meanwhile, on the little fiberglass boat Uncle Buck...
  • bmarkeybmarkey Posts: 319 Deckhand
    Go a little further north to the West Palm Waterfront, dock and enjoy the Clematis Street area.

Bob Markey
    United Realty Group
    www.WellingtonHomes.com
    Sport, Event & Real Estate Photography
    Palms West Photo
    www.MarkeySportsPhoto.com
  • OdysseasOdysseas Posts: 54 Deckhand
    I have yet to have anything bad at Deck 84. I have done them all and that is our new favorite.
  • Enough AlreadyEnough Already Posts: 83 Greenhorn
    Uncle Buck wrote: »
    Enough Already... next time ya wanna do a ditch/dinner cruise... gimme a call. I may have enough fresh fish to cook en'route! hahaha

Not a bad idea! On this trip we took Subway subs and a cooler full of drinks. Spent a few bucks and wasn't hungry. Could spend 10x at one of these joints and feel about the same, I guess. I like the "pull over and cook" idea. Bought a new Magma Cabo grill, extra propane and a rod holder mount last summer when it was all on sale at WM. Still in the box on a shelf in my garage . . . . I did see a sign at Deck84 that I think said we'll cook your catch.