Home General Hunting

Lifetime license for FL residents

Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,336 Moderator
Okay, so I think a lifetime fishing / hunting license for me is like $1,200 or something.

If I had to move out of state, it is still good for saltwater fishing... I know that.

What about quota hunts... like gator.

If I have a Lifetime LIcense now and I move, will I have to pay out of state fee for gator permit, or the $250.

I'm guessing I can put in my Lifetime License number and then DOB or Social during application process and it brings up Lifetime LIcense holder.

Thoughts?
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• The very first question asked is if you are a resident or not. I guess it depends on what your answer to that is on what will be required.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,336 Moderator
    Forgot about that.

I just know that the lifetime license says, " Your lifetime license will remain valid for use in Florida even if you move out of state"

http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/lifetime-licenses/

Under hunting it goes on to say...

includes Hunting, Freshwater Fishing and Saltwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey, Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits.

Nothing about quota hunts. So I guess that's a no on the gator hunt.

I'm all about answering my own questions today.

Ready for the weekend!
  • MackokidMackokid Posts: 918 Officer
    Your lifetime hunting license has nothing to do with your gator permits. I had mine for a few years now and still pay $273 for license and first 2 tags. This is a seperate program alltogether. Either that or I've been duped into paying an extra $250 a year.......

As far as quotas go, Gino has the right idea.....
    "History is much like an endless waltz; the three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever" -Mariemaia Kushrenada
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,336 Moderator
    Yeah, I knew a FL resident with a lifetime still had to pay 250 for his gator stuff.

What I didn't know was what happened to a lifetime holder who leaves the state. Can he still pay 250 for his gator permit and tags, or does he pay the 1200.

Sounds like he pays the out of state gator fee, even though his lifetime lets him saltwater / freshwater / lobster / hunt / migratory / archery, etc.
  • campertopcampertop Posts: 722 Officer
    The gator tags have nothing to do with whether you are a lifetime license holder or not, just residency. If you are legally a resident of another state, you will have to pay non-resident fees. This is the way I understand it, if Im wrong someone please chime in.