Where are the Snook in Apollo Beach?

I've been looking everywhere for snook around Apollo Beach and haven't had any luck. Also has anybody had any redfish luck on the flats north of Simmons Park? All i have caught is trout

thanks
Jeff

Replies

• flatsjunkie88flatsjunkie88 Posts: 1,364 Officer
    Not real sure about North but if you run a lil South to Cockroach we have been doing alright on Reds. Havent been slaying them but they are here and there. Usually slot size reds too.
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    The snook are around based on what I see. Getting them to eat is another story. But it is way better than last year.
  • jsimpson3jsimpson3 Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Flatsjunkie88 ive seen you have been doing well so far this summer as of your posts. i went out today and caught a nice snook on fly but couldnt get my camera to work. other than that it was a slow day no reds or trout. theres been a lot of grass on top so its been hard to work topwaters.
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,401 Admiral
    jsimpson3 wrote: »
    Flatsjunkie88 ive seen you have been doing well so far this summer as of your posts. i went out today and caught a nice snook on fly but couldnt get my camera to work. other than that it was a slow day no reds or trout. theres been a lot of grass on top so its been hard to work topwaters.

How big was he ,inches ? The big girls will move up in the darker water when it starts cooling off.
  • jsimpsonjsimpson Posts: 71 Greenhorn
    he was only about 15-16" but he still put up a nice fight on fly. it was my first snook on fly so i was pretty stoked. now im looking for the big ladies