Big Bend Mini season

capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,587 Moderator
Guess it's mini season in the keys and in honor of all the guy's and gal's down there getting burned,waterlogged,FWC checked,stung by fire coral and bitten by moreys and run over by boats. Sounds sort of like scallop season ?

I decided to eat a couple of lobster tails out of my freezer. The safest way to get them.

So here's to you , the bravest of the brave :USA

IMGP01162.jpg
"You'll get your weather"

Replies

• xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,477 Officer
    Dem bug tails b good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tailstalker2360tailstalker2360 Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    haha thats the truth, to much danger for those critters but its worth the risk!
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,529 Captain
    :beer:beer:hungry
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    Somebody's gotta do it Louie!
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • shuterkngshuterkng Posts: 851 Officer
    i love mini season, gomez rocks is holding again , just like last year.....lets keep this on the down low....

lobster-1.jpg
  • reeljobreeljob Posts: 385 Officer
    Uh huh. Lots of bugs in Gomez Rocks..............:cookoo
    I was born with nothing, and I have most of it left.
  • TumbleweedTomTumbleweedTom Posts: 1,987 Officer
    What the "hey" did I do with that bully net? Heck with that confusion....and high probability of DEATH.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.
    shuterkng wrote: »
    i love mini season, gomez rocks is holding again , just like last year.....lets keep this on the down low....

lobster-1.jpg

You have a touch of a mean streak SK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    maybee i need to fight some sharks......and beat them with bats and sticks with nails......hey that sounds like fun ..we have to plan a trip
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    The largest lobster I ever harvested was in 60' out of Suwannee..... That's the truth. He weighed 8lbs and he's hangin' on my wall at RHR&GC.....
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • caldnsikcaldnsik Posts: 95 Deckhand
    I remember that Gomez rock lobster post..... It had some people really scratching their heads!
    "Beer is not a matter of life or death, It is much more important than that!!!"
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,587 Moderator
    Fishin Rod wrote: »
    The largest lobster I ever harvested was in 60' out of Suwannee..... That's the truth. He weighed 8lbs and he's hangin' on my wall at RHR&GC.....

Yep , never figured out why a few don't come in closer. Maybe a salinity issue?
    "You'll get your weather"
    shuterkng wrote: »
    maybee i need to fight some sharks......and beat them with bats and sticks with nails......hey that sounds like fun ..we have to plan a trip

:) would love to, SK. Have always enjoyed fishing with you. Not many guys would do what you did that time we were offshore in rough seas and I got seasick. Tieing my lines for me, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DERAIL ....funny ted how we have all DIED at sea ...and we are so warped we do it again over and over
  • lakemanlakeman Posts: 718 Officer
    We do not go any more but miss the mini season and the start of the regular season. My wife found some lobster dating back to 2003, frozen in water, yes it was still good, but not ocean fresh but still edible.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Hey now dim look tasty happy0005.gif
  • Kids Ate My BaitKids Ate My Bait Posts: 1,037 Officer
    lakeman wrote: »
    We do not go any more but miss the mini season and the start of the regular season. My wife found some lobster dating back to 2003, frozen in water, yes it was still good, but not ocean fresh but still edible.

Rucker has one on his wall...wonder if it's still edible? :grin
    Don't blink - they grow up fast

e0855416-db02-4210-a35f-fb932b7f1510_zpsizxn0kmf.jpg