More Reds and trout. 7/25

I am probably bothering you guys with my frequent post. I got laid off so I have had more time to fish.

I normally release my fish but every now and then I keep them. My buddy just got home and I havent seen him in a year so we are gonna have a cookout for him next weekend so I wanted to bring some fish.

We went out of Cockroach using Rapala Skitter-Walks and live shrimp under a cajun thunder. We got 5 keeper trout and 1 keeper red. My girlfriend got a short red and all the shorty trout you can stand. Had to pick through the small ones to get to the keepers.

Looks like we will be eating good next weekend!

100_1113.jpg

100_1112.jpg

100_1121.jpg

100_1123.jpg

Samantha's short Red. With my poor mans flats boat with my redneck bimini top :grin
100_1136.jpg

100_1137.jpg

100_1147.jpg

100_1149.jpg

100_1146.jpg

100_1152.jpg

100_1166.jpg

Replies

• sergestormssergestorms Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Screw the shorties....girlfriend's a catch.
  • flatsjunkie88flatsjunkie88 Posts: 1,364 Officer
    Not only is she easy on the eyes. She is an awesome hand on the boat. She does everything from baiting her hooks, taking off her own fish, and ties her own rigs. There is no one I would rather have with me fishing. Besides the fact she almost always outfishes me!
  • snookwhisperersnookwhisperer Posts: 229 Deckhand
    No bother here flatsjunkie, looks like your coming along just fine. Leaning by yourself will pay off in the long run.
    Great catch! It's tuff fishing this time of year! Keep the posts coming.
  • jakejake Posts: 326 Deckhand
    no matter what, my girlfriend ALWAYS catches more than me...its like they are taunting me...nice fish.
  • sagorysagory Posts: 614 Officer
    Keep the reports coming. Your kickin butt! We used the redneck bimini in the past. Had a big wind gust blow it in the water. It was funny
  • CaptainRobCaptainRob Posts: 60 Greenhorn
    Nice fish...I havent fished the south shore in a while, but looks like you are learning your way around pretty well.:thumbsup
    189 Egret
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    good post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,804 Captain
    :beer great trip and report
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • B-BroB-Bro Posts: 42 Deckhand
    Hey looks good to me and here I thought it was dried up this time of year. My buddy also told me there was some kind of spill down that away too? Nice fish, good fishing :-)
  • OviedoavOviedoav Posts: 139 Officer
    Not only is she easy on the eyes. She is an awesome hand on the boat. She does everything from baiting her hooks, taking off her own fish, and ties her own rigs. There is no one I would rather have with me fishing. Besides the fact she almost always outfishes me!
    You better hurry up and marry that one dude, lol. Congrats on the catches!
  • skiffin16skiffin16 Posts: 78 Deckhand
    Nice fish and good company, doesn't get any better....
    2007 HEWES Redfisher16 ~ FLORIDAYS
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Good mess of fish no doubt but it looks like you had a pretty good guide :beer
  • flatsjunkie88flatsjunkie88 Posts: 1,364 Officer
    Yea she deff puts me on the fish haha.
  • jetsjets Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    Great report and pictures!