J.W. Corbett Road Closing due to Isaac

waynewayne Posts: 47 Deckhand
News Release
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Media contact: Carli Segelson, 772-215-9459
High water levels have prompted the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) to issue an emergency order closing an approximately 8-mile section of flooded road within the J.W. Corbett Wildlife Management Area (WMA) in Palm Beach County.
Effective immediately, vehicles are prohibited on Stumper’s Grade and the South Grade from L Camp to Stumper’s Grade.
This action is necessary because of hazardous conditions and road damage caused by widespread flooding from Tropical Storm Isaac.

Replies

• launchpadlaunchpad Posts: 386 Officer
    HAHA is that a joke? Closing a road due to flooding in corbett is kinda like closing the beach cuz there's too much sun and sand. I think the boyz will figure a way to where they wamt.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    They are busy mudding on my road.
    Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • mccrackermccracker Posts: 354 Deckhand
    This sucks, knew it was wet and hadn't had a chance to get out there yet, but ****. http://www.flickr.com/photos/myfwcmedia/7887524962/
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    Wow that's bad
  • mccrackermccracker Posts: 354 Deckhand
    Corbett area was just on the local news. Concerns about "the berm" breaking and the acreage being flooded again. I wonder how this will effect the later seasons - ML and general gun.
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,071 Captain
    Too bad The Acreage and other area lands were never brought in to Corbett WMA .....guess we lost our sense of awareness.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink