Taking kids hunting question

CrashDuckCrashDuck Posts: 503 Officer
I am taking my wife and stepdaughter gator hunting tonight. My wife wanted me to check and see if there are any laws or requirements to be able to tske kids gator hunting.

I told her I don't think are are any restrictions when it comes to taking kids. My stepdaughter will just be watching. My wife has her agent liscense.

Other than the normal coast guard safety gear do we need anything else?

I was all over the fwc site and haven't found anything to helpful.

Thanks

Replies

• cracker4112cracker4112 Posts: 629 Officer
    You are right.

Unless something has changed, only active participants in the hunt need an agent's license, if you sd is watching only, you're good to go.
  • down4dacountdown4dacount Posts: 2,583 Captain
    she can't handle any gear except the light . But your good to go , take bugspray and Good Luck
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    Check out my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Down4dacount1?feature=mhee
    [IMG][/img]
  • CrashDuckCrashDuck Posts: 503 Officer
    I found a good number to call and they were very helpful. You guys are right as long as she watches we are good to go.

Thanks
  • fishinthebaitsfishinthebaits Posts: 121 Officer
    Bring the handbook you were sent, and highlight the paragraph that specifies the definition of active participant and exempts people who simply hold lights. We encountered an officer last year who wasn't familiar with that rule. Rather than prove it through a court appearance, we just made sure our observer didn't hold a light. Seriously.

Many officers are pulled off of their regular duties to do alligator enforcement. And some just don't know the rules as well as we do. A friendly call afterward to the district office got a memo sent for clarity. But, better safe than sorry.

Good luck and be safe.
  • CrashDuckCrashDuck Posts: 503 Officer
    Well 5:10 and we hooked a 9 and a half footer. Tried for another but called it a night and headed in at dark. Kids had a great time though. Two mini gator hunters hooked for life.

Picture to follow
  • mrbillmrbill Posts: 1,175 Officer
    very cool
  • Max 4HDMax 4HD Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    CrashDuck wrote: »
    Well 5:10 and we hooked a 9 and a half footer. Tried for another but called it a night and headed in at dark. Kids had a great time though. Two mini gator hunters hooked for life.

Picture to follow

Where's the picture? Waiting for Photomat?