Tagged out early.....for a change

MCG8TRMCG8TR Posts: 3 Greenhorn
My first post so I hope everyone enjoys. My first two gator seasons had been a challenge to say the least but I was determined to harvest a big gator so here we go again hoping for a little better luck. Headed out wed afternoon 8/22 and snatch hooked a nice gator almost right off the bat got a second hook in him then comes the harpoon and bangsticked all by 6:30pm ended up taping out at 9'10 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346287125.348050.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346287255.114101.jpg
Off to great start!! we headed back out at daylight thurs hooked into two but pulled the hooks
Thurs afternoon go to a cove where we had seen a huge gator in the spring. Did a little glassing and we see the one we know we want. At around 6:00 ended getting a snatch hook in him and followed him around for awhile finally got a second snatch hook in him but still really couldn't do anything with him so we eventually tried and got a big treble hook on a hand line to bring him to the surface to harpoon got the harpoon on the second attempt the my brother put a perfect shot on him with the bangstick ended up being 11'10 we really couldn't believe we were tagged out the first two days of our season hope our luck continues into phase four thx
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346288507.751563.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346288567.403004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• BowtechGen3BowtechGen3 Altoona, FlPosts: 774 Officer
    Congrats those are a couple of Nice Lizards there for sure!! It's Great when a plan comes together
    Director - Central Florida Dog Hunters & Sportsmans Association
    https://www.facebook.com/CFDHSA

1461718pb77ew55q8.gif
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    Good lookin bunch of gators congrats on the 11+ I still have yet to break my 10'9" mark have killed 2 that size and there fail was complete
  • gatortrout19gatortrout19 Posts: 244 Deckhand
    Every year is a learning experience, and it looks like you guys learned something to remember! Nice work
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    Darn fine reptiles!
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 7,026 Admiral
    Looks like Lake George...............nice gator......do leave some for next year...............
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 Posts: 4,172 Captain
    NICE GATOR'S
    living life as i like