Home General Paddle Craft

this anchor might work

here is the link this anchor might work if you are afraid you wont be able to retrieve it after you are done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_lwJFQftak

Replies

• blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 595 Officer
    Good stuff. I lost a anchor before and replacing it is not a cheap task. I do see how a zip tie would work. Thanks for sharing.
  • YaksquatchYaksquatch Posts: 499 Officer
    Yeah man! I had to cut off an anchor once when I was first learning to kayak fish. A buddy showed me that trick and I've stuck with it ever since! You can use the zip-tie method on pretty much ANY style anchor not just the one show in this video.

Thanks,
    Alex
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
    thats a useful tip, thanks for sharing!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • HalonHalon Posts: 150 Deckhand
    A few months ago I about lost my grapling anchor. My fishing buddy volunteered to go swimming for it. Got it back.

I heard about the zip tie method before and didn't think I needed it. Thought twice after almost loosing my anchor. Unfortunately, I had heavy duty ties. Didn't think that would work. Needing a temporary fix, I used the McGyver in me and used a narrow strip of duct tape and wrapped it a few times in place of the tie. It worked and continues to work, even after about three months. I'm impressed!

Maybe in a bit, I'll break down and buy a small package of small ties. But, that may be some time away. Duct tape is cheaper!!!

Halon
  • joedaddyjoedaddy Posts: 69 Deckhand
    up in jax they call it a "jetty anchor" b/c you loose so many on the rocks.