Lobster trip 8-13-2012 w/video

Took out my little brothers for their first lobster trip. They did pretty well for their first time. We had to keep it shallow for them and ended up finding some pretty good spots. We caught our limit (30), including 1 spanish, and had a great time.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfOQRI7HVz8
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Adrian Suarez
KnotTickle Creations
(786) 309-1404
[email protected]
www.knotticklecreations.com
http://www.facebook.com/KnotTickleCreations

Replies

• war birdwar bird Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    nice catch man!
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Picked up one of your sticks before our trip to Bimini and loved it, definitely adding it to my arsenal, thanks! IM sent
  • jjimenez1jjimenez1 Posts: 129 Officer
    Great video - how long would it take to ship one of those things?
  • snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Officer
    Nice job dude!!! I'll be getting one of those snares from ya real soon!!!
  • war birdwar bird Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Great video - how long would it take to ship one of those things?

He usually gets them out in about a week. Theres a couple of dive shops in Miami that carry them now (listed on his website), though they've been selling out pretty quick.
  • snooknreds2snooknreds2 Posts: 514 Officer
    I will add one to the bag of tricks!

But I gotta ask, it seems like once they are out of the hole there are a few misses with the snare that could have been first timers with a net. Not bashing this tool at all, like I said I plan to add one to the bag... but seems like once they are out of the hole that the net might be a better weapon of choice, or am I missing something?

I would think to carry both as an option!
    A lazy fisherman is a boater!!
  • cpt.scurvycpt.scurvy Posts: 83 Deckhand
    War bird & dpdash, thank

@jjimenez1- I'm finishing up a batch that will be ready for shipment on Saturday. If you live anywhere in south Florida you should have it the day after you order it, as long as you order before 3pm.

@snookyj- whenever you are ready.

@snooknreds2- there are only 2 situations when the net has the advantage and that's on grass flats or very low relief rocks that don't have any growth on them, I.e. branch corals, sea fans... Nets are too destructive. Not just to the environment but to the lobster as well. They tend to break legs and antenna off and you leave that lobster defenseless if you have to release it due to size or if it's bearing eggs. Not to mention that, at times, it's a pain to get them out of the nets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Adrian Suarez
    KnotTickle Creations
    (786) 309-1404
    [email protected]
    www.knotticklecreations.com
    http://www.facebook.com/KnotTickleCreations
  • snooknreds2snooknreds2 Posts: 514 Officer
    cpt.scurvy wrote: »
    War bird & dpdash, thank

@jjimenez1- I'm finishing up a batch that will be ready for shipment on Saturday. If you live anywhere in south Florida you should have it the day after you order it, as long as you order before 3pm.

@snookyj- whenever you are ready.

@snooknreds2- there are only 2 situations when the net has the advantage and that's on grass flats or very low relief rocks that don't have any growth on them, I.e. branch corals, sea fans... Nets are too destructive. Not just to the environment but to the lobster as well. They tend to break legs and antenna off and you leave that lobster defenseless if you have to release it due to size or if it's bearing eggs. Not to mention that, at times, it's a pain to get them out of the nets.

Thanks for the reply, I knew there was a side of it that I was missing. I do agree 100% about the net being more destructive, no two ways about that! Like you said to the reef and lobster.
    A lazy fisherman is a boater!!