Home Rod Building and Reel Repair

Walmart issue.

Hi guys I bought a berkly lightning 100 shock from Walmart three days ago and it snapped this morning. Right by the tip broke off on a less than par bass. My question is how is the Walmart around here's return policy? Am I out of luck or still in the clear? I have the reciept showing its that new.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Replies

• PermitchaserPermitchaser Posts: 871 Officer
    take it ,no problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    ya, no probs at all with them. quit buying your gear from them though, they're half the **** reason for so many closures.
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    Take it back. No sweat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • DaveFortMyersDaveFortMyers Posts: 168 Officer
    I am going to do it tomorrow. Sometimes we have to rely on Walmart when the budget doesn't allow more. I bought a good reel first then plan to upgrade the rod later on

• Greyt EscapeGreyt Escape Posts: 326 Officer
    I bought a good reel first then plan to upgrade the rod later on

I've done the same thing!
  • IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    WM had a great return policy!
    I've done the same thing!

I believe that for a bass a great reel and nice braid will be all the sensitivity I need. Once I have the cash I will buy a better one

My next question is does bass pro shop have have a warranty quite like Walmart on products purchased from their store of their own brand?

Ideally if you spend more money and get a better product you dont need to worry about it breaking. Most brand name rods have a manufactures warranty and if something happens you can go through them instead of BPS.

Ever thought building a custom? Read some of the stickys at the top of this section to see how easy it is. Also a lot of guys on here can do it for you. BTW "custom" does not necessarily mean expensive.
  • seanfishseanfish Posts: 254 Deckhand
    Greyt Escape is quite correct, aside from the initial equipment cost. You can easily built some very nice rods in the $100-125 range
    How easy is it ? I may consider having my next setup built that way. I am going for a good shark rod next.

Walmart has given me a new rod. I am pretty happy to find out that Walmart has a one year policy since the pole has a warranty from Berkely

How easy is it ?

Dude thats how easy it is to get hooked!! Its super easy! I made my rod wrapping jig out of some scrap 2x6 in the garage and $4 of nuts and bolts from home depot. If you want exact specs on how to build one let me know. You can even use a cardboard box and a text book. If you wanted to make a rod with just plain black thread and no crazy decoration then a 6 year old can do it.

Go to mudhole.com and do some shopping! thats where the addiction starts. Once you see how many different reel seats and all the materials used in guides you wont be able to help yourself. They have great kits that have it all, but dont be afraid to ask any questions on here about sizes of reels seats and guides for whatever blank you choose. Its not like this section gets too much traffic.

Its also a great skill to have when you break a guide or a friends gimbal comes unglued and you can fix it. There is a difference in making it a piece of art and making it a functional fish killing piece of fiberglass. She doesnt have to be as beautiful as the mona lisa to get blood all over it!!
  • inshore101inshore101 Posts: 108 Officer
    Berkley lightning rods are actually great in my opinion. Take it back.
    I am going to look it up and see what is needed. I am into just simple designs so that's better off for me. Thanks for the website to try

I love my lightning rod. Pretty responsive and handles larger fish well too. Could be happyier for 40 dollhairs

• monoxidemonoxide Posts: 1,094 Officer
    Check out bloodydecks.com forums in the rod building section they wil help a lot. Also acid rod in my opinion is cheaper and faster then mud hole.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    ted.gif
    ted.gif