Home General Paddle Craft

Captiva 7/16-7/23

golflaxfishgolflaxfish Posts: 455 Deckhand
a few people asked for a report, so here goes...

the fishing (for me) pretty much sucked... for the week i only caught two reds, lost a monster trout at the boat, caught one bonnethead, and a slew of catfish :banghead i was pretty pissed for a majority of the trip with the fishing, since multiple times huge schools of redfish would be going after gigantic schools of baitfish, and 6 or 7 different lures later, i came up empty handed. one bright spot however, was the "one" that got away. i netted some whitebait and began to fish some docks on thursday, when my bait got slammed, and i got cut off.. on friday, i came to the same dock, and again got cut off. finally, i upsized my leader, hook, and locked down my drag, and watched as the biggest snook i have ever seen jumped out from under the dock,,, and spit the hook.. what else could i suspect..

all in all, it was a fun trip. we were able to borrow a boat from a friend, and do some wakesurfing, which was very fun, but i was not able to do any fishing other than from the kayak and the dock..

how did everyone do on our coast (the east coast) the past few weekends?
1970 23 Seabird

Replies