Home Ask the Law!

Governor changed red snapper season?

ozona79ozona79 Posts: 83 Deckhand
I was just wondering when we were all going to hear about this new red snapper season. So many seasons, its just hard to keep up with. Thanks for your help.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/article1245649.ece

"Perry's snapper seemed to get bigger and bigger as he and Scott taped an outdoor segment for Your World With Neil Cavuto on Fox. The snapper was rushed to the grill at Harry T's, a nearby seafood restaurant, where the governors greeted service members and local political and business leaders. The fish was big enough to feed nearly a dozen people, along with a grouper caught at sea."

Replies

• Go MongoGo Mongo Posts: 2,112 Captain
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/politic...cle1245649.ece

"Correction: The red snapper caught at sea was not brought to land and eaten, the governor's office said Tuesday. It was released. An earlier version of this story was incorrect."

Sure it was :rolleyes
    “Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
  • drkpttdrkptt Posts: 1,927 Captain
    The TBT article was also updated with this:

Perry's snapper seemed to get bigger and bigger as he and Scott taped an outdoor segment for Your World With Neil Cavuto on Fox. A spokesman for Scott said the snapper was tossed back to sea because it's out of season.

"My one fish was bigger than all of y'all's combined," Perry said.

A Scott aide had a copy of Scott's application for a Florida fishing license, and Perry's spokeswoman said Scott's office arranged for him to have one, too.

Though I believe anglers have been criticized in the past for improper handling of out-of-season fish:

Full
  • WaVeCrAzEdWaVeCrAzEd Posts: 594 Officer
    Sorry, we couldn't find what you were looking for.
    It's possible you reached a page that no longer exists on our site.
  • Go MongoGo Mongo Posts: 2,112 Captain
    I like the "dehooker" they used. Arent they mandatory on the gulf?
    “Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
  • barrynflabarrynfla Posts: 592 Officer
    And was the fish vented as required by law? I call BS on this whole thing!!!! :liar
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,384 Officer
    Why would they vent if the fish's stomach/swim bladder was not sticking out its mouth?
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,012 Moderator
    Why are they so worried about licenses. The charter boat license would cover them. Seem's to me they ate the thing at Harry T's, a nearby seafood restaurant, where the governors greeted service members and local political and business leaders. The fish was big enough to feed nearly a dozen people, along with a grouper caught at sea."