Upper Station Humminbird Question

blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
I am trying to find a way to put a unit on my upper station of my charter boat. I have a 898 on the lower console hooked to my gps antenna and transducer. On my other guide boat I have a 998 that is removable so the cheapest way for me to put a screen up top and keep it removable is to let the 998 pull double duty on both boats. Will I have to run a seperate transducer and GPS antenna to do this, or is there a way to tap into the exsisting equipment. Any help would be appreciated.
Capt Charlie
http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.

Replies

• Joby@Humminbird[email protected] Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    You will not have to run a seperate transducer or a gps antenna. All you will need is a ethernet cable and a power able. You will be able to get you gps and your sonar information through the etherent system.
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    I am hopeful someone on here will be smarter than I evidently am. On my new boat, I have a humminbird 898C SI on the lower station, this feeds off the eternal gps antenna and tranducer which are attatched to the unit direct. I then just installed a Humminbird 998C SI on the tower station. This has power cable and is hooked thru the ethernet port on the back of the unit direct to the ethernet port on the 898 below. My problem is the upper machine cannot find the GPS antenna or the transducer. Both are working, and I have hooked the 998 direct to the transducer and the gps antenna and it sees it there, but when hooked to the ethernet cable it cannot seem to find it. The 898 on the bottom is working fine. I am going to go get another ethernet cable and pray that its not the cable (I wonder if Humminbird will come rerun it for me if it is). But after that I am lost. Any help or ideas?
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.