Boatless/kayak bass fishing in South Florida?

I'm new to South Florida (Ft Lauderdale area) and don't have a boat. Any suggestions where to go bass fishing from the shore?

I may be getting a kayak soon so kayak-friendly places would be appreciated, too. Thanks!

Replies

• Reel-DealReel-Deal Posts: 86 Deckhand
    Pretty much all the waters here in south Florida hold fish...I live in the Pembroke Pines area and fish throughout my home town as well as Weston, Davie, Cooper City, Miramar and Plantation...In the lakes and canals I've caught large mouth bass, peacock bass, snakeheads, snook, tarpon, and much more...Feel free to contact me via private message or through the link below...I could try and give you a few helpful hints...
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,532 Captain
    People don't like to give up their spots on a public forum. You're surrounded by good fishing and the best thing is hit the first body of water you see and start fishing. Start close to home and work outwards. Use a Horny Toad in almost any color and I like Junebug best. Rig it on an Owner 4/0 offset hook. Throw around pads, across the canal near the opposite shore, or down the bank ahead of you and about one foot from the edge and you'll catch fish.

One place to start, is go to BPS on Griffin road and get your Toads. When you leave, head West on Griffin and when you see the canal on your right, start fishing. You can fish it all the way to Route 27. Even better if you can be there before the sun is all the way up. It is heavily fished but you can still score some there.
  • CaptainMikeCaptainMike Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Reel-Deal wrote: »
    Pretty much all the waters here in south Florida hold fish...I live in the Pembroke Pines area and fish throughout my home town as well as Weston, Davie, Cooper City, Miramar and Plantation...In the lakes and canals I've caught large mouth bass, peacock bass, snakeheads, snook, tarpon, and much more...Feel free to contact me via private message or through the link below...I could try and give you a few helpful hints...

hey buddy, i see we live in the same zip code and you look to have some good spots here in pines, we should get together one day and catch some fish