Home General Paddle Craft

7/22 Deerfield

bobert421bobert421 Posts: 400 Deckhand
I haven't been fishing in month now so I was ready to go bright and early this morning. Alarm went off at 5am. I am not a morning person but I got up without the snooze button. Today I was feeling ambitious, at the pier by 6am and caught some live bait and then proceeded to my launch spot south of the pier.

Not often that I see the sunrise.

Today I was testing out the newly installed depth finder. The set up worked well, just needs a little tweaking to make perfect. Now I can try and find good bottom for some snapper.

Started out in nice weather. Then a storm rolled in. I skipped my shower this morning so this must have been a sign that I smelled a little bit. With the storm came the winds and I started drifting a lot faster with the wind.

I ended up with no fish in the cooler. I was a little disappointed since my supply of fish in the freezer has run out, but it was way better than being at work and I got a tan in the process. I did catch one Ramora. I had two following me around taking the bait every chance they got. It got to the point where I would have to toss a scrap off of one side so I could get the bait past them on the way to the bottom on the other. They surprised me when the first arrived and were bumping into my feet while they were over the side. Made it in before the bigger storms came and just in time to go work.

Still a good day even without the fish. May try again on Sunday. No problems with the life guards or sheriff this time either.

Replies