Anyone have any problems bringing a dog to Old Bahama Bay

FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,760 Admin
My daughter would like to bring her dog along for our five days in Grand Bahama, OBB. Are there any issues I should be aware of?

Replies

• Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,963 Captain
    No, I think you are good. They have relaxed most of the old laws that excluded pets. I would just make sure you have records of all of the dogs shots,etc.. Although I am not sure if OBB allows them in the rooms. The ones I have seen stay on boats.
  • TwotallTwotall Posts: 83 Greenhorn
    FS Blair wrote: »
    My daughter would like to bring her dog along for our five days in Grand Bahama, OBB. Are there any issues I should be aware of?

Going by there regulations. Go to your vet and get up to date health papers (All shots). The Vet needs to fill an international travel papers for the Bahamas.Then contact Nassau agriculture department for a pet travel permit.($10.00) They can fax it to you to speed things up.We bring our dog all the time.
  • FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,760 Admin
    Thanks for the info. I've seen dogs around the docks of OBB, just wasn't sure if they were technically allowed off the boats, etc.
  • heatzheatz Posts: 104 Officer
    I just made a reservation for a slip at OBB for Labor day. Bottom of the reservation confirmation email it states:

Pet Policy: No pets are allowed.

That being said, i see plenty of pets there.
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    Besides the gov't reqs, this is from the back of my OBB marina registration form... dogs must be leashed when off the boat...

uploadfromtaptalk1342570731334.jpg

... or you can put them on a leech like they say and can have them run free...

Sent from my Droid on "THIS side"
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    PaulBoat wrote: »

... or you can put them on a leech like they say and can have them run free...

:Spittingcoffee

Now.... that's funny!!!!

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • PetealanPetealan Posts: 274 Officer
    All the dock dogs in the Abacos are called "Potcakes". I don't think in my 20 years of visiting the islands I ever saw a leash on a dog.
  • bigswordybigswordy Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    i spoke with my vet(frequents the islands and used to work over there too) about taking my dog and he said that you had to get the travel form signed by the vet (think its like a birth certificate for the dog) and it has to be done very very recent to the trip across.. day before or of is best.. or have a cool vet that will post date the paperwork. along with the medical records...correct me if im wrong guys im sure theres quite a few guys that take them all the time... dont think its a big deal to take the dog from what ive heard.