Home Tournament Insider

Ladies, get the edge at the LLGF Keys Fishing University Nov. 9-11

Wonder why the guides catch all the fish? Learn how at the "Ladies, Let's Go Fishing!" Keys University, Nov. 9-11 in Islamorada/Tavernier, FL. There are networking parties, lectures, hands-on practice sessions and an optional charter fishing or kayak trip over the fun weekend. Learn BEFORE ya go! www.ladiesletsgofishing.com

Replies

• Grady-ladyGrady-lady east of the river, west of the woodsPosts: 5,282 Admiral
    Hi billfishbetty!!!...how are you?!?

Glad to see LLGF is still going strong. It is an awesome organization. Some friends and myself attended one of the seminars in Stuart a few years ago, about 8 years ago to be exact. We had a great time and met some wonderful folks. Fished with one of the local captains we met through the seminar, in a couple of Mothers Day Stuart Sailfish Club Ladies Tournaments. It was a blast.

Also attended a seminar in St. Augustine, a little closer to home...also a great time. I couldn't recommend the seminars more highly...from boat handling, trailer backing, castnetting, gaffing and ballyhoo rigging, plus the fishing, the fishing tops it all off. (I'm the best gaffer and ballyhoo rigger on the boat, thanks to the lessons)

It would be a great gift and lots of fun to bring along a friend or two!!! Hope the Islamorada seminar goes well. We'll be down there in October, but unfortunately it's too far to turn around and go back in Nov.

Hope to see you again, though...I'd love to take my daughter and daughter-in-laws to one of the seminars.

Gotta tell you something funny, kinda...at the St. Augustine seminar there was this dredge, prettiest dredge I ever saw, at the Fri. silent auction...it made me drool. I stood guard over that dredge and fended off all competition...determined to go home with it...and, I did!! So excited, couldn't wait to get it home for mr gl to see...it now lies offshore from Islamorada in about 240' of water. First time we used it, mr gl forgot to tie it off!!! :cry

ps - you should post your announcement in the Women Angler FS section, too. Maybe OT too, lots of deep-pocketed guys over there always looking for ways to spend money on their lady loves.

:)
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt