Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

How much $ to build a garage?

2»

Replies

• hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    The Garage will be held off until a Contractor shows himself that is trustworthy...these guys turn my wrench. I don't need a 6 month work project with Jose and Co hanging round,..

Y'all must have some sorry **** contractors up there.
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    hooknreds wrote: »
    Y'all must have some sorry **** contractors up there.

We do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    Down here... Your pretty much better off doing it yourself...

Even if you... Have never ever built it before....

The finished product will be stronger, last longer, and take a lot less time!
    God, save the South!
  • StonewallStonewall Posts: 848 Officer
    BF, Call your local Home Builders Association. They will be able to give you several reputable contractors in the area that are licensed and insured. If you were a little further east I would recommend several to you. If you can't find anyone local let me know. I know several good contractors in my area that will travel that far.

I'm in two local Home Builders Assoc. and the members that have toughed it out are good solid contractors.
    Can't never did try!
    Down here... Your pretty much better off doing it yourself...

Even if you... Have never ever built it before....

The finished product will be stronger, last longer, and take a lot less time!
    That's ridiculous...keep them sorry **** south Florida Yankee wanna be contractors down there.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    That's very funny... hook n

It really is a tough task to locate a very good builder here...

Most neighbors want to save money... They hire their handyman...
    My next door neighbor in fact, replace an 9' wall and double French doors...
    Handyman installed studs, doors, and interior drywall... Right!
    No exterior siding... He told her the work needed to "cure" for a month before finishing the exterior...
    No-no!...

Then he tells me that he will dig and build a French drain around her home in the fall of this year.
    I looked him square in the eyes and said, " that's not going to happen!"

He was so mad with me... If he could strike me, he would have.
    God, save the South!
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    The Garage will be held off until a Contractor shows himself that is trustworthy...these guys turn my wrench. I don't need a 6 month work project with Jose and Co hanging round,..

tire kicker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    It shouldn't be that hard. If you are serious, you CAN and WILL find a contractor that is capable. Ask around, it should be fairly easy. I have a name I can get you of the guy who did my Step Sis' place up in Atl, only does high end remodels and construction. One heckuva guy... would gladly start the process to get his number if you want.
  • APEAPE Posts: 973 Officer
    Nice garage APE!... When did they pour the slab and footings?

They poured the concrete on a Monday and I think that they had to walls up with the roof on by Friday.

It took 40 days from the time that I pulled all of the permits till the inspector signed off on the completed project. I already had my general contractor lined up and ready to go months in advance with all of the required drawings and specs.
    APE wrote: »
    It took 40 days from the time that I pulled all of the permits till the inspector signed off on the completed project. I already had my general contractor lined up and ready to go months in advance with all of the required drawings and specs.
    Why on earth did the general contractor not pull the permit?
  • APEAPE Posts: 973 Officer
    hooknreds wrote: »
    APE wrote: »
    Why on earth did the general contractor not pull the permit?

I went with him to pay for it just to tag along and see what all was involved with the project, I was just curious.