WHAT'S THE BEST TRICK WORM...

Used mainly zoom, most effective color 4 me watermelon.. Like to hear other fisherman experience.. YA Especially about the senko's are they worth buying... Thanks JIM

Replies

• FS JeffFS Jeff Posts: 375 Moderator
    Hmm... just finished editing an article for the next (September) issue of FS... and there's a Bubble Gum Zoom Trick Worm rigged with a little kink in it for speed applications.

Will be interested to hear what other Members have to say on the topic. Lotta talk about Senkos in Florida over the last few years.

I'm off to Kentucky for a week... might come back with a smallmouth bass picture or two.
    Jeff Weakley
  • Bass2bucksBass2bucks Posts: 654 Officer
    Junebug! If I'm fishing a trick worm I'm either Carolina rigging or shakey head fishin. For more finesse style applications I prefer a senko.
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    the fish will let you know they all work i like Red/Black, Straight black, an Watermelon Red
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • jbannon62jbannon62 Posts: 48 Greenhorn
    Ya I'm going to pick up a few packs of senko's found a store in Boynton Beach that sells them. In my research of them, they recommended like a short shank hook and I'm partial to owner circle hooks any one have imput .. I guess does it really make that much of a difference..thks Jim..
    5/0 offset wormhook works well for most fish you'll hook fighting tech an drag control will be the key
    The Original HOTD poster

• Old FloridaOld Florida Posts: 176 Officer
    I love the junebug zoom trick worm.
    I used senkos for quite a while, but got tired of paying 7 dollars a bag since they tear up pretty easily.
    There are lots of companies that make a knock off senko, but many of them have poor action. The Yum dinger is pretty decent.
    The tail shimmy on the fall is what makes the senko catch so many fish in my opinion.
    The one good knock off senko that I have found for cheap is the Strike King Shim e stik that sells at Walmart and some other tackle shops.
    It has the tail shimmy on the fall, but is only 2.99 a bag. Try some of these if you can find them. I've caught some 5-7 pounders on them.
    I used senkos for quite a while, but got tired of paying 7 dollars a bag since they tear up pretty easily.

Use O-Rings wacky sytle problem solved
    The Original HOTD poster

o rings okay, get me some..
  • cuckoocuckoo Posts: 109 Deckhand
    My preference is Ouzu Ouzees the old Tikis by wave worms.... Fish candy in red shad or green pumpkin...
    God is great... Beer is good... And people are crazy!
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,160 Moderator
    I recently caught 3 bass over 5lb on Zoom magnum trick worms in straight black. Redbug in the standard size trick worm rigged weightless is also a good one.
    "You'll get your weather"
    Hey Austin what kind/size of hooks do U use with 4-5 senkos.. thks Jim
    On some the sites there recommending the EWG Gamy hooks--I like to use circle hooks..Is this ok or just try it ...