Homosassa for the weekend!

I will be up there with my wife for the weekend. If anyone sees a sea foam green Canyon Bay with a t-top stop and say hello!

Replies

• Almost PerfectAlmost Perfect Posts: 528 Officer
    You should be in for a good time. Looks like the July crowds are thinning down a bit.

Are you coming in to scallop?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • JJSJJS Posts: 46 Deckhand
    My uncle was up there two weeks ago and got plenty of scallops. They also had alot of fun snorkeling at the spring.
  • ctfoucherctfoucher Posts: 92 Deckhand
    Yeah we are going to do some scalloping and offshore fishing and some red fishing. My family owns a house on the river but I fish in tampa so much I just don't get much of a chance to get up there. Used to go up there every weekend for 8 years straight. I will take the long route and go out the salt river and avoid most of the crowds!
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,676 Captain
    ctfoucher wrote: »
    I will take the long route and go out the salt river and avoid most of the crowds!

Really good move. I was out today, in a friends boat, and the ramp, and the river, was a complete joke when we came back in from beating the storms. One guy apparently thought the ramp was where he should park his trailer. Five boats came and went before he decided to put his boat on the trailer after a number of people yelled at him...which he didn't care.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • butchbalbutchbal Posts: 425 Deckhand
    Hey Tod,

Give me shout when you get in. We're going to be in Homosassa for 9 days starting this weekend.

butch
    Go figure! I will only have to use the ramp twice, once on friday and once on Monday. I always use riverhaven because it is right down from the house. It amazes me how people just don't care when they are at the ramps! I hate it when people decide to load the boat when it is their turn to launch, especially when they have been waiting in line to put the boat in!
    Will do Butch. I wanted to see if you were going offshore and if you are maybe we can buddy boat! I will call you friday evening when we are on our way up and we are staying through Monday.
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    ctfoucher wrote: »
    Yeah we are going to do some scalloping and offshore fishing and some red fishing. My family owns a house on the river but I fish in tampa so much I just don't get much of a chance to get up there. Used to go up there every weekend for 8 years straight. I will take the long route and go out the salt river and avoid most of the crowds!
    That's the short route! Smart man. The river hasn't been a friendly place to travel lately.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber