Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Power Antenna

Wevens - AKA: Sopchoppy Redneck put up an Email address for a good buy on power antennas. Anyone else have it.

Bought two, lost one, one did not work in Lanark but we want to install one in the big city. Up here it said it would get about 60-70 stations. Getting real tired of paying 100+ a month on each of 4 different homes and winding up watching the local over the air stations anyway.

I guess I'm getting cheap in my old age but I really don't like much of the cable programing. Kept it to watch "Weeds" and "Episodes" lately. Last night "Weeds" had some verbally explicit "gay" talk that even upset the Mrs. I have had it with this type of programing. Quit watching True Blood a few years ago for the same reason.

This is the Mid West not the West Coast. For the most part the vast majority of us
Midwesterners just don't accept that sort of stuff at all around here.

Anyway we need a power antenna or two. Help would be appreciated.

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,588 AG
    From wevans:

I think it was either Walmart or Radio Shack. I got my antenna from Radio Shack and I'm pretty sure I got the digital motor for rotating it from Walmart, but can't swear to it
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    I have a box type antenna x I purchased at BigLots for $15-... It works fine here in an urban area...

I would rather have a power antenna too... Thanks wevans!
    God, save the South!
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,312 Admiral
    Man, It was an internet store that specialized in power antennas. It rotated and you could tune it in with a remote. I ordered and bought two! Maybe it wasn't W that came up with the info but I sure thought it was. Hmmm............