Stuart to Fort pierce

captainsalcaptainsal Posts: 94 Deckhand
Just to let you guys know I have been fishing the beaches the last 3 days. Bait so thick you can walk on it. Using tins cast out far and you get nice spanish mackeral. In close huge lady fish and blue runners. (Just beyond the bait) Put a big bait out and there is big tarpoon. Saw several get hooked but not landed. I personally have been going for the spanish mackeral. Also the jacks join the party .

Replies

• Captain KnotsCaptain Knots Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Any particular time of day? I might get out there tonight or Tomorrow. What are you using?
  • captainsalcaptainsal Posts: 94 Deckhand
    All day!! So long as the bait is there, so are the other fish. The bait looks like spearing or silversides of some sort.( if they are there you can't miss seeing them. The water looks black close to shore) I'm throwing a kastmaster very thin metal lure. It's about 3 1/2 inches long and thin as a pencil. Has a slant on one side. I cast far as I am interested in the mackeral. I've tried a smaller version, but due to lack of distance I was getting all lady fish,blue runners and jacks. (although they are fun to catch, I prefer eating the mackeral.)