Offshore last week

Went out with a co-worker on 6-14 to 90 feet and found some new bottom. Lots of fish too big to move off the bottom. Landed one nice red grouper and one nice mangrove snapper before we realized the anchor was dragging. Then we were swarmed by peanut mahi. Landed 8 of them. Moved into 70 feet of water and landed a 10 lb. red grouper and had the mahi around again but not as hungry this time. Took my wife out to the same areas on Sun. 6-19 and got into a decent yellowtail bite in 90' and my wife caught her first keeper grouper. A 24" red. She was so excited! She dropped down another bait and a 26" red inhaled it. Finishing off a great box of fish.fish 6-19-11.jpg

Replies

• grouperupgrouperup Posts: 131 Deckhand
    Great Report, sounds like you had a good day of fishing. Put your team together for the 1st annual Southwest Florida Offshore Rodeo July 8th - July 9th. It is going to be a great event, and a good chance for the offshore fisherman around this area to meet.
  • sagorysagory Posts: 614 Officer
    Nice catch. A 24" for her first grouper. She's hooked for life I bet. Way to go
  • luckyduck2luckyduck2 Posts: 208 Deckhand
    Nice catch
    JOBS,JOBS,JOBS, We need JOBS , I can't afford anymore change, We've had (ENOUGH) MR.obama
    http://www.availableangler.com/