Home General Paddle Craft

Revo 11 vs Revo 13

RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,585 Captain
Any diffferences in performance.
Any difference other than weight and lenght?
I have a Revo 13 but as I age, 10-13lbs less makes a difference loading and unloading from the car or the dock!!!
Thanks

Replies

• fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,955 Captain
    The 13 is a lot faster and. It's through the water better, it's easier to get pushed through the water which is better if your older also you have more room to keep this extra few little things that make a huge difference
    Sarasota,Fl 
    Fishing, Photography, Life
  • YaksquatchYaksquatch Posts: 499 Officer
    Of course the obvious diff., the 13ft will track better and be faster but less maneuverable. The 11ft will be more maneuverable, but won't track as well and be a little slower. However, both are going to perform MUCH better than the Outback, which performs about as well as a Styrofoam cup!

How tall are you? If you're a lanky long-legged freak like I am (6'3") you'll want the 13ft. If you're average height, the 11ft might be your ticket. Though of course nothing will help you decided better than wet testing both yaks.

Good luck,
    Alex
  • bonitabobbonitabob Posts: 675 Officer
    If you are moving any distance the 13' is much more comfortable in the long run. There is not much difference in manuverability unless you are up to speed and turning quickly. If you stay close to the launch and don't travel more than a mile, then the 11' may be best.
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,585 Captain
    Thanks for the responses. I am 5'11 200lb
    I already own the 13 so I guess I stick to it
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,343 Moderator
    ^ a good choice. I have the Revo11 and its a great yak, big upgrade for me coming from the Sport (9.5ft). Plenty fast, but its tippy: anything over 2ft of water and I get a bit nervous especially on the return-to-beach with the waves pushing the back and the front diving in. I'm 5'8" and 205# and believe me when I say I would have gone with a bigger kayak, but the revo11 was the biggest yak I could fit in my public storage unit.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • cskeelescskeeles Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    The revo 11 is a great little yak. I bought my wife one she's 5'2" and it fits her perfect. I own the outback which I love for tournament fishing due to being extremely stable. How ever I do use the 11 when launching at hard to get places due to the weight it's great for jumping walls like at Fort Pickens.
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,293 Officer
    Yaksquatch wrote: »
    Of course the obvious diff., the 13ft will track better and be faster but less maneuverable. The 11ft will be more maneuverable, but won't track as well and be a little slower. However, both are going to perform MUCH better than the Outback, which performs about as well as a Styrofoam cup!

How tall are you? If you're a lanky long-legged freak like I am (6'3") you'll want the 13ft. If you're average height, the 11ft might be your ticket. Though of course nothing will help you decided better than wet testing both yaks.

Good luck,
    Alex
    The Revos are nice but the Outback is still Hobies most perfect fishing kayak. Yes it is slower then the Revo 13 but speed serves no purpose when fishing. Im one of the first Hobie mirage drive dealer on the east coast and have sold over a thousand. Ive used every model extensivly and still prefer the Outback. So do my customers. We sell 20 Outbacks for every Revo 13.