Skip to main content
Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

PTTS VS. Tarpon Hippys!

To be completely honest I could not give a darn(not the word I want to use but.... yeah), I am honestly sick of hearing every one complain one way or the other! The Tarpon Hippys are looking stupid and the PTTS has made some mistakes but is unwilling to admit them, I have seen the tarpon hippys personally attack fisherman and thier familys, but the fisherman at times have done stuff to seemingly egg on the situation. Im gonna take alot of crap for voicing my opinion, but it is what it is I feel like you all need to just stop the crap and go fish if you use jigs use jigs if you use live bait use live bait if you dont fish it like me, you have no dog in the fight so sit back and shut up. ok let me have it for telling yall how I feel.

Replies

• CF47CF47 Posts: 107 Officer
    I, for one, will never give you a ration of it for voicing an opinion. You are entitled to do so. If everyone would confine their posts to the issues and stay away from personal attacks, which add nothing to the discussion and derail the thread, then perhaps we'd all learn more from the give and take.
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,572 Captain
    I was thinkning the same thing today tommy, I'm tired of reading it. Everyone in my opinion is pissing in the wind!
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • etommy28etommy28 Posts: 311 Deckhand
    I will never say that there arent good points being made from both sides, I am just SO sick of it being all any one wants to talk about because its going no where fast.
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    you suck
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 18,915 AG
    So anyone who voices their opinion should "stop the crap", but it's OK when you start a thread and do the same thing?

If I were you and I didn't like the threads, I wouldn't participate in them, and I certainly wouldn't start yet another thread about it, as that seems counterproductive.

Call me crazy if you wish, but that's my opinion on your topic.

Sincerely, A tarpon hippy
  • bentrods4ubentrods4u Posts: 52 Deckhand
    Tarpon Hippy..... thats funny!!! Peace, Love, and flying silver dinosaurs!!!
  • whitebaconwhitebacon Posts: 354 Officer
    If the jiggers had a competitive bone in their body, they would compete for cash and skill. The PTTS offers a very crappy boat, (for which one pays taxes on and can't sell) and a prize for luck. It's a shame their reproductive organs match the size of their prize.
  • RexLanRexLan Posts: 868 Officer
    whitebacon wrote: »
    If the jiggers had a competitive bone in their body, they would compete for cash and skill. The PTTS offers a very crappy boat, (for which one pays taxes on and can't sell) and a prize for luck. It's a shame their reproductive organs match the size of their prize.

You were doing OK until the last sentence ... lose credibility quickly. Keep it on point and "cut the crap" as OP said if you want to present a reasonable argument.
    Port Charlotte, Florida
  • AlwaysAbuAlwaysAbu Posts: 477 Deckhand
    whitebacon wrote: »

Obviously sponsors offer their boats as a method of marketing promotion and get their boats TV time- hard to do that as effectively with just a cash purse. So that is marketing 101.

Second, if it was a cash prize you would also pay taxes.... and it takes tremendous skill to snag the bigger tarpon.:dance

Third, they could certainly sell the boat at any price they choose to, although as soon as titled it becomes a used boat just like a car driven off the lot and depreciates. That's business 101.

I'll ignore the last sentence but it's obvious the only argument you have is that you are a hater. Why not just do "PTTS participants' mommas are soooo fat..." jokes, at least it would be entertaining.