Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Boat Lift Question

I had big plans for doing this last year but too many other "things" got in the way, including getting cracked open like a lobster to do a valve job. I scaled it down to an 8000lb 4post lift, some bulkhead repair, and a redo of my little dock for now, but I can't wait to have the Panga in the backyard! Does anyone have an opinion of the remote control or limit switch for the lift?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Alas, poor Fishcake, I knew him well. Fish On !! It doesn't get any better than this.

Replies

• pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    I'd hate not having a remote. Especially if I was taking out my boat alone.
  • Widespread PanicWidespread Panic Posts: 221 Deckhand
    I rented a lift that had a remote, it was nice but not an absolute must have. The other lifts I own do not have remotes, properly set up guides and some bungee cords make it easy even solo. I had bungees tied to the cables, cut to length to attach to cleats, once you pull in and get it hooked up all you have to do is keep it from banging the dock. The bungees will keep the cradle in the correct position under the boat
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    I rented a lift that had a remote, it was nice but not an absolute must have. The other lifts I own do not have remotes, properly set up guides and some bungee cords make it easy even solo. I had bungees tied to the cables, cut to length to attach to cleats, once you pull in and get it hooked up all you have to do is keep it from banging the dock. The bungees will keep the cradle in the correct position under the boat

Low tides can make it a challenge for me to get in and out of the boat. With the remote it's no longer an issue.
  • Widespread PanicWidespread Panic Posts: 221 Deckhand
    pupraiser wrote: »
    Low tides can make it a challenge for me to get in and out of the boat. With the remote it's no longer an issue.

Tide could make a big difference, good point.
  • PangamoniumPangamonium Posts: 139 Officer
    Thanks guys, I think I will spring for the remote. Tight lines :R:R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alas, poor Fishcake, I knew him well. Fish On !! It doesn't get any better than this.