Keys Forum Bash.

It’s a new year and so another try for a Keys Forum Bash.

I’ll volunteer to have it here at Venture Out on Cudjoe (MM 23), and offer up June 9, 16 or 23 as possible dates.

We have a couple of places where we have picnic tables, a large screened in patio area and “other amenities" if the weather gets ugly.

Date? DIY food? Catered? Fishing?

Is this the year it happens ?

Tom
Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com

Replies

• kempsharkkempshark Posts: 125 Deckhand
    I'm ready to attend another one....heck, I was there for last year's......I was actually sitting in the airport (yes, I actually took the 45 minute flight down) waiting for to board when I read that it was cancelled. I am already planning on being down around the 7th of June this year, but the Bash is a good excuse to have to come back down again. Just let me know the dates.......only one I missed was the first one at BPK Fishing Lodge....was over at OWB, but I didn't know the Bash was happening!!
    Nah.....I'll eat Hellmann's. :wink
  • FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,712 Admin
    Good luck putting the Bash together. We can help with some swag. This year we sold major sponsorships to help raise the level of the events somewhat, we're starting with two in 2012. Our first one is in the SE Region next month and the second in the NE region in the fall. Maybe in 2013 we'll move the venues if all goes well, or possibly add to the two. Once again, good luck, hopefully we'll see you next month in Stuart.
  • TrollaltdeleteTrollaltdelete Posts: 660 Officer
    We should be down then. Sounds good to me
    Take out your boat, make a memory!
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    :beer

I'm already here...so anytime is good for me...it's on the right side of the bridge. :grin

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
    As long as I am able to make it down for the bash, I'm more than willing to help with any set-up the days before or day of the bash. Depending on who comes with me, we might ending up staying at VO anyway.
  • CaptBillCaptBill Posts: 271 Officer
    Tom,
    Great Idea and thanks for taking the lead. We are overdue for a bash and it will be fun to see everyone again.
    June 9 and 23 look best for us, but all dates work now.
    Bill
  • TeamTekeTeamTeke Posts: 946 Officer
    Your a brave man and I hope you have thick skin. I would be careful of the catered food unless people pay ahead. Many will say they will come and then not show up. June 9 and 16 work for me. I hope the old guard rallies.
    Happiness is the journey, not the destination.
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    Catered food sounds attractive compared to rounding up grills and people to run them, etc. But your point about paying up front is well taken.

I can supply one grill (maybe two) and maybe someone could bring one or two down. Get some dogs, burgers and BBQ from GFS, potato salad, cole slaw, corn from Publix and we're eating. Bring your own drinks. I'm assuming one or two others will "volunteer" to help?

I'm hoping to see a turnout here and then we can start figuring out the details.
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    ****, been looking forward to one of these for years... leaving out of state in a week or two... I hope you all have a great time and a good turn-out!
    Catered food sounds attractive compared to rounding up grills and people to run them, etc. But your point about paying up front is well taken.

I have some suggestions if I can be a "Silent" member of the Board of Directors. :wink

Rob

Got TA Go wrote: »
    I have some suggestions if I can be a "Silent" member of the Board of Directors. :wink

Rob

I predict your phone will ring sometime today. ;)
  • Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Got TA Go wrote: »

Rob

Geez Rob, what are you volunteering Missy for this time??? :wink.....Seriously.....is there a date set yet? I should be in Stuart by May 14 and am already planning a Keys trip, maybe 2.
    .......Rick
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    We may be able to make June 9 if we can extend our rental.
    OK, base on limited information I'll pick JUNE 9 as the date.

So far I'm thinking burgers, dogs and the grill (s) and sides. BYOB.

Say 2 or 3 pm until NLT 11 pm when they roll up the sidewalks here in VO.

Any takers?

Tom
  • CaptBillCaptBill Posts: 271 Officer
    Mr. and Mrs. CaptBill
    As long as I'm not fishing. :grin

But I'd come up after I was done fishing. :wink

Rob

Waiting to hear if we can extend 2 more days and attend. So maybe, positively, just in case, count us in.
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,748 Captain
    Tom et all--I'm in, bringing girlfriend & wife
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
    The wife and I will be in Key West that weekend with her sister and brother-in-law. I'll see if I can get them to go.....maybe just the wife and I will pop up there for at least a few hours and leave them to fend for themselves in KW :grin
    Tom et all--I'm in, bringing girlfriend & wife

Your a lucky guy! :grin

• TeamTekeTeamTeke Posts: 946 Officer
    Mrs. TeamTeke and I will be there. We will be glad to help in any way we can. At what time do they roll up the sidewalks in Venture Out? Is there a curfew for the residents?
    Happiness is the journey, not the destination.
    :grinThe condo rules here prohibit "excessive" noise and on street parking after 11 pm. Now that all of cranky people are gone we can work with those rules if we have to :grin

Thanks for your offer of help. If there is a good turnout I may be begging for all the help I can get.
    Hey Tom we can make it. I'm an ok burger flipper, hot dog turner if you need one.
  • cudjoe cudacudjoe cuda Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    Should be out fishing that day, but would like to go afterwards. Great location-I can ride my bike there.
    Andros Cuda 23'
    200 Suzuki
  • pinfisherpinfisher Posts: 317 Deckhand
    June 9th looks ok for me
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,723 Captain
    I'd love to be there but that weekend just doesn't work for me. I'll have to live through pictures and reports.
    Any more plans on the bash, since that weekend is fast approaching? Like I mentioned before, we will already be in Key West from 6/7-6/13.......so if there is some kind of get-together.....there is a extremely good chance we (or I) will be stopping by. I will keep watching for any updates.
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,748 Captain
    Tom & I & our wifes & girlfriends will be there. Hope to see a bunch there also.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • captdallas2captdallas2 Posts: 130 Officer
    I missed the one last year. Sounds like fun, but catered is kinda scary. I recommend burgers and fish sammies, byob :)
    Tight Lines,

Dallas,

fishing consultant