Night time is the right time...May 15

Few pics from the other night. Basically how the last month has been. Snook bite has been solid day or night, and talk about quality fish this year. Bull reds hit or miss, tide and moon dependant. Few studs the other night but wasnt an all out blitz. As far as snook we still have a few good groups inside, but most have made their way out to the beaches and are chewing rather well on the right tides. Grunts, pins, cut lady, greenies and a few select other baits have been hard to beat. Should only get better over the next month.

Replies

• mojotarponmojotarpon Posts: 71 Deckhand
    Dang!
  • Anclote KeyAnclote Key Posts: 2,354 Officer
    Wow! Those are some big fish. Looks like you aren't too close to shore.
    The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t. –Patrick F. McManus
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    Tight work
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • AquaRoosterAquaRooster Posts: 596 Officer
    Tight like a tiger
  • Settin_HooksSettin_Hooks Posts: 233 Officer
    Very nice fish! I'm waiting for my first snook but the freeze killed off most the big ones around here a few years back.
    2006 Maverick Master Angler SOLD
    2016 Sea Hunt Gamefish 25
  • CodySCodyS Posts: 243 Officer
    Impressive fish man! Nicely done.
  • flatsrunnaflatsrunna Posts: 524 Officer
    man great fish !!
    Captain Anthony Leverett of Kingdom Business Charter's.
  • barrynflabarrynfla Posts: 592 Officer
    Big fish!!! Nice goin'.
  • Deadeye07Deadeye07 Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Nice job guys.
  • Trophy-TripsTrophy-Trips Posts: 107 Officer
    Very nice fish! I'm waiting for my first snook but the freeze killed off most the big ones around here a few years back.

if "here" is west central...we did loose a considerable amount of fish but there is still a ton around. first year after the freeze was my slowest summer snook season and its only gotten better every year since. havent seen alotta of our small males but i have seen more 40inch plus fish this spring and summer than i ever.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 11,618 AG
    Nice!
  • DogmanDogman Posts: 450 Deckhand
    Amazing fish!
    2013 Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5 (Sand) - His
    2010 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 (Mango) - Hers
    Great looking fish, though you are "pushing" them out quite a bit which can be a bit deceiving when it comes to the actual size of the fish. I am not hating on the size as they are all quite large pics just might not be quite as big as they appear.
  • ReneeFishingChartersReneeFishingCharters Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    You boys done good!
  • snookmansnookman Posts: 226 Deckhand
    Fact: The males are gone.
    I fish for snook everyday this time of year and the last 2 years the males have been thinned out.

I have seen and caught a bunch of 30-36" fish this summer so far..............No 22-28" males.
  • stormystormy Posts: 364 Officer
    snookman wrote: »
    I fish for snook everyday this time of year and the last 2 years the males have been thinned out.

I have seen and caught a bunch of 30-36" fish this summer so far..............No 22-28" males.

don't quite think thats a fact at all...

I catch plenty in that range, hell on sunday I boated 13 and lost 10 and most all were in that range, not to mention seeing very small snook which indicate these non-existing males are somehow fertilizing eggs.

Plenty of snook out there
  • Trophy-TripsTrophy-Trips Posts: 107 Officer
    snookman wrote: »

youll been seeing alot more over the next few months when the fish group up to spawn. but the majority of our fish have been in that mid 30s range with only a select few under 30.