Port Everglades Dolphins fishing "skunked"

Started out early july 12 with a blacked out well and beer "LOOKING FOR DOLPHIN" trolled 10,12,16,18 mile marks looking for weeds, birds or any signs of life. After 5 hours of no birds or organized weeds we headed back and called it a day! thanks for the great weather and cold beer it was still better than a day at the office.
"time well wasted"

Replies

• El PescadorEl Pescador Posts: 186 Officer
    Agreed
    El Pescador formerly known as "El-Pescador"
    Original FS member since before Al Gore invented the internet.
    Previous post count 14,125,253
    Oh and "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
    Doug Larson"
    fspicbanner-1-1.jpg
  • krimikrimi Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    Have had a few of these days..anybody ever just shut it off and chum whatever you got left for an hour or so. Usually dont have the patience, with kids and wife.
  • king fisherking fisher Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Out of Haulover was the same way on Monday...No weedlines whatsover or birds way offshore, the only patch of weeds we saw was in close about 250 ft. (under the weeds) there was a few small dolphin, the only ones we seen all day...But we had no live bait this trip and the dolphin would not bite cut bait or a bucktail...:(
  • 30LB PIN FISH30LB PIN FISH Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    i actually stopped at the biggest weed line i could find (about 4 feet long ha-ha) and drifted for about an hour and pitched live bait solid the whole time and created a nice bait school on the patch. no bites or visuals on anything! this is usually a pretty productive method if you have enough bait but i guess it just wasnt my day!
    "time well wasted"

I guess it's true what some of the reports have been saying: you have to keep looking for good weed lines, working birds or floating debris to find any dolphin....easier said then done...we trolled for hours without seeing any weeds or floating debris...the only birds were a couple trying to eat our trolled ballyhoo...ha ha
  • ROFROF Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Went out the 12th also blacked out the well and headed out of boca. Lost of weeds, birds, activity etc out past 600 feet. boated 20+ dolphin, left them biting out there.
    Tight Lines
    ROF wrote: »
    Went out the 12th also blacked out the well and headed out of boca. Lost of weeds, birds, activity etc out past 600 feet. boated 20+ dolphin, left them biting out there.
    Tight Lines

Thats what I would like to find when I go looking for dolphin...I'm sure I'll find some on one of the next fishing trips...:)
  • waterman419waterman419 Posts: 129 Deckhand
    There is a 25 mile stretch that runs from Haulover to Boynton in which ..... There are no fish in the ocean.. It goes out 20 miles from shore. I'm sure of it..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AMERICAN WATERMAN. Life on the water. Developing gear for people who live the waterman lifestyle : 954-295-1911 or e-mail: [email protected]
  • isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
    There is a 25 mile stretch that runs from Haulover to Boynton in which ..... There are no fish in the ocean.. It goes out 20 miles from shore. I'm sure of it..
    I think i have fished that area a few times :Grin
  • reelgrimmreelgrimm MiamiPosts: 456 Deckhand
    dolphin fishing is slow this year... I wouldn't waste the gas money...
    My Youtube Channel
    Boat: 2015 25' Competition Single 300 Yamaha
    Latest Fishing Report - Snook on the Beach

• LobstababeLobstababe Posts: 280 Deckhand
    We went out yesterday and found them in 1165' or so off Miami. The key was floaters & birds. We ended up following a tern for 10 - 15 minutes & took us to his friends and the school! Lots of scattered weeds & bait as well.
  • StealthStealth Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    Looks like someone found'em & someone else didn't.....that's the way it always is! ;)

Lets see some pics! Heck, hopefully I will have a few pics to put up by Sunday night ;)