Snakehead Fishing 101

I have been getting an over whelming array of questions about the South Florida snakehead fishing. Most of the questions were where can I catch them, how do you catch them and what are the rules. This video answers all those questions and more. I had 22 bites and landed 10 plus a few bass. Some of the snakeheads are released and I address the release contraversy as well. Enjoy!
[video=youtube_share;THY8AMkoiCE]

Replies

• TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    Thanks, I watched the whole thing!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,478 Officer
    great clip.... Informative!!!!! And like you how you express "to each their own"
  • mclovinmclovin Posts: 56 Deckhand
    You have some recipes I could try? I've always tossed them on the bank, but I'll try anything once. Once was more than enough for a tilapia out of the canal though, that's for sure.
  • Captain Shane ProcellCaptain Shane Procell Posts: 371 Officer
    mclovin wrote: »
    You have some recipes I could try? I've always tossed them on the bank, but I'll try anything once. Once was more than enough for a tilapia out of the canal though, that's for sure.

I do not have any recipes handy but I usually just fry like any other fish. My wife will make all sorts of exotic dishes with them. They are incredibly good!
  • flaswimbaiterflaswimbaiter Posts: 123 Officer
    Anyone ever thought about going to their local Thai restaurant and asking the cook if they want them? I am sure you could find someone that would take all you are willing to give them. Just a suggestion.

My last trip down there produced a 7.5 and an 8 and they were the smaller on each pair I found, one I saw was at least 9 if not more.
  • Captain Shane ProcellCaptain Shane Procell Posts: 371 Officer
    I took some into a Jamacian restaurant. the cook ran out of the kitchen when I said they were snakehead:rotflmao
  • flaswimbaiterflaswimbaiter Posts: 123 Officer
    Jamacian restaurant.
    :huh why?
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    Jamacians only want bonitos!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ