4/29 offshore

Got a late start grabbed my cousins and the neighbor quick stop at walmart then hit the mArina. After a hefty 289.00 fuel bill we were off to the bulk head for bait, big waste of time which killed me.... So after a lil while i managed to chum up a decent bait ball and got most. But jus wasnt enough lol so we hit the skyway. After a good bit of frustration and net tosses i started loadingup the net. 3 tosses 3 monster loads and we were off ! Ran out 20 nm to mu first hole and never left ! Had plans on goin out to 130 but the words of my captain ran through my head.... "dnt over run the fish, fish as far as you have to, to be successful" and thats what i did. Threw back 15 gags real talk all but 3 were keepers, mean while grabbing a four man limit of reds and 4 monster mangos. Grabbed about a 30 lb king also. The first one broke me off. So they mangos told me where to be for the full moon and i said ok ! Was a lil busy so i didnt get many pics but 4 guys left with a gallon bag full of fillets.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=27.459264,-82.586814
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk rem dat son !
Captain Anthony Leverett of Kingdom Business Charter's.

Replies

• flatsrunnaflatsrunna Posts: 524 Officer
    467e693b-e2a7-cb03.jpg

My buddy Allan. Lol was the only pic i took with my iphone.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=27.459467,-82.586281
  • sagorysagory Posts: 614 Officer
    Nice. That's a chunky mang
  • jj lynnjj lynn Posts: 632 Officer
    Fatty :thumbsup
    When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous
    by letting the American Government
    take care of him;
    better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 2,951 Moderator
    That there is a goozer.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,141 Captain
    sweet sweet!
    God, save the South!
  • SalmonHawkSalmonHawk Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    Congrats on the great day, that is a nice chunky mango. One question, how are you guys catching those? I read of quite a few mangos being caught when guys are grouper fishing but when I am in town we never catch any. We'll catch everything else but never snapper other than grunt. what am I missing? Thanks.
    I use 30 fluro leader of about 3 ft. Smallest swivel i can find white bait or shrimp suspended off the bottom about 3 ft. 3/0 of your choice i prefer owners. 2nd method i use is a light rod ( my inshore tackle ) 30 fluro and a white or chartruese jig head with a shrimp wb or half a dine i believe braidis key in this one. Throw it out and let it flow and drift n the current/ chum slick and they love it jus watch the rod bend in a rod holder and its game on.They will thump thump then i jus lower my rod let em have it raise ( not set ) my rod and reel once the fish pulls the rod tip down and theyll be there everytime with the hook dug in deep.

• SalmonHawkSalmonHawk Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the tips flatsrunna
    np sir, i do what i can