SAFMC - Orlando - June 14th - Red Snapper possible reopening!

Thursday June 14th 5:30 pm
Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
5445 Forbes Place
Orlando, FL 32812

agenda

Public comment will be accepted on (1) Snapper Grouper Amendment 18B, (2) Resubmittal of Action 4 in Snapper Grouper Amendment 18A, (3) Golden Crab Amendment 6, (4) Snapper Grouper Regulatory Amendment 11 and (5) a Red Snapper Emergency Rule; ; followed by public comment regarding any other items on the Council agenda.

Basically, the Council will review total removals of red snapper (dead discards) that have occurred during 2010 and 2011 under the current moratorium at its June 11-15, 2012 meeting, and consider whether some harvest of red snapper is feasible at this time. If the Council determines removals of red snapper through discarding are below the total removals allowed under the rebuilding plan, the Council may choose to allow harvest of red snapper.The numbers will be reviewed during the Council’s Snapper Grouper Committee meeting earlier in the week and the committee will provide its recommendation to the full Council. The public comment session is scheduled for 5:30 PM on Thursday, June 14th.
It is incredibily important that we make a huge showing for this comment period!

Replies

• PhinaticalPhinatical Posts: 864 Officer
    I'll be in o-town on business this entire week and if I can get over there at 5:30 Thursday I will definite sit in. Is this for the commercial and recreational or just one or the other?
  • DaveDave Posts: 149 Officer
    They haven't said yet, they are still trying to decide what they are going to do, so that is why it is so important for a huge showing.
  • seanhev77seanhev77 Posts: 276 Officer
    This will be worth taking off work to go too.
  • bebrownbebrown Posts: 336 Deckhand
    I will be there!!!!!
  • mikeg32225mikeg32225 Posts: 552 Officer
    Should I buy a boat? Been without one for almost 2 years.
    I'm ready.
    Mike
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1,474 Officer
    mikeg32225 wrote: »
    I'm ready.
    Mike

That's crazy!

You need a jon boat to at least put around the creeks in and wet a line!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,223 Admiral
    ....YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT SNAPPER IS CLOSED ???......:grin
  • Family DevoceanFamily Devocean Posts: 263 Officer
    mikeg32225 wrote: »
    I'm ready.
    Mike

Yes, and you should do so quickly. I'll help and offer mine for sale.
    Formally known as 2 Daze Off

230CC Hydrasport - Family Devocean