4/27 Friday Cobia report

First post in a while (streak of bad luck). Friday morning me and my friend set out for some Cobia fishing. A little late start, 11am departure out of the jetties. We were greated by calm seas and a fairly light SW wind. Headed south and joined the other 250 boats. First ray was spotted off the pier in about 30 ft. No fishing on it but almost crossed lines with a guy who sped over when he saw us casting :nono . I guess with all these boats etiquette doesn't apply :cool . After that we continued to head south until around Mickler Beach. Saw at least 25 rays. Only a few with fish on them. A few free swimmers spotted also. Both days the pogies were scarce. The water temp wobble between 69 and 72 all day. Managed to get this guy on a Pink 1 oz jig with a red curly off a ray around the inn and club in 35 ft. Around 3 pm the wind kicked up, water viz worsened and the rays seemed to disappear. Ran to the rip outside the jetties and worked it for about a hour but didn't see anything. Back to the docks at 5 to filet.
> Went out today off Ponte Vedra in my Kayak in hopes of finding one. Saw a few rays no fish...and a TON of boats. I guess its safe to say the words out...maybe time to take a left out of the jetties.

Replies

• Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,016 Captain
    I'll be the only ski out there tomorrow!!!
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com