Who's heading out for opening Red Grouper?

2»

Replies

• High VoltageHigh Voltage Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Our opening day catch with the Admiral and crew. Threw back several nice gags as well. Ran out at ~19 knots and in at ~32 knots. Nice day!

Team High Voltage
    Bluewater 2850
    011.jpg 96.5K
    Team High Voltage
    Bluewater 2850
  • TCSEACRAFTTCSEACRAFT Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    WENT OUT SUNDAY GOT BAIT AT PAG HEADED OUT 40 MILES CAUGHT 3 SHY OF LIMIT KEEPER RED GROUPER FOR 6 PEOPLE LOTS OF AMERICAN REDS TO RELEASE, ON THE RED GROUPER BIGGEST 18# 5 OVER 12# THE REST BETWEEN 21" AND 25" ALSO 50 TO 60 UNDESIZED AND ONE 5' SHARK THAT PUT A STOP TO FISHING FOR A WHILE.WENT BACK IN TO THE SHIPPING CHANNEL GOT 2 KINGS AND 1 LARGE MACK FOR THE SMOKER NOT A BAD DAY LITTLE ROUGH GOING OUT BUT TURNED OUT TO BE A BEAUTIFUL DAY.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,030 AG
    TCSEACRAFT wrote: »
    WENT OUT SUNDAY GOT BAIT AT PAG HEADED OUT 40 MILES CAUGHT 3 SHY OF LIMIT KEEPER RED GROUPER FOR 6 PEOPLE LOTS OF AMERICAN REDS TO RELEASE, ON THE RED GROUPER BIGGEST 18# 5 OVER 12# THE REST BETWEEN 21" AND 25" ALSO 50 TO 60 UNDESIZED AND ONE 5' SHARK THAT PUT A STOP TO FISHING FOR A WHILE.WENT BACK IN TO THE SHIPPING CHANNEL GOT 2 KINGS AND 1 LARGE MACK FOR THE SMOKER NOT A BAD DAY LITTLE ROUGH GOING OUT BUT TURNED OUT TO BE A BEAUTIFUL DAY.
    Welcome to the forum. :beer I'll take a sweet tea, drinks are on you.

Which direction did you head?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • EggsuckindogEggsuckindog Posts: 1,528 Officer
    Looks like the SeaCrafts were out in force
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi
    dscf1243-1.jpg
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,030 AG
    How'd you make out Dixon?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • miamidolfinmiamidolfin Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    went out Sunday out of Clearwater and got our **** handed to us by mothernature. Could only manage 16mph on our 24' Dusky on the way out and stayed within 10 miles. No keepers but plenty of action. Reds were just short 19-19 3/4. Forecast was 2'....****! NOAA
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,594 AG
    went out Sunday out of Clearwater and got our **** handed to us by mothernature. Could only manage 16mph on our 24' Dusky on the way out and stayed within 10 miles. No keepers but plenty of action. Reds were just short 19-19 3/4. Forecast was 2'....****! NOAA

I dont know why I listen to them. Every single time their prediction is so far off

If I screwed up at my job, I wouldnt have a job
  • TypicleseTypiclese Posts: 385 Officer
    30 Grady Bimini....45NM out, kinda snotty outbound...seemed to lay down a bit for the ride home..6 folks on board

Lots of gags caught, vented and released. Couple nice reds - we only kept 8. Didn't drag hardware on way back, just enjoyed the ride and mourned the loss of our Gopro...there's a gag out there with a nice camera, stupid fish, doesn't have fingers so how is he gonna use it...

Looks like it will be better later in the week
  • CodySCodyS Posts: 243 Officer
    If Red Grouper lurked under bridges and were accessible by a kayak, I would be all over them.:fishing Cant wait till the gag season opens up!
  • JEIBEJEIBE Posts: 274 Deckhand
    Fished the opener off srq and it laid down 20mi+
2»