Need Shrimp

Does anyone carry live shrimp or crabs around the Indian Rocks area??

Replies

• Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,564 AG
    We bought live shrimp last week at the maderia beach marina.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Thanks Mack, not alot of response but heres to ya :beer
  • Team BuckshotTeam Buckshot Posts: 100 Officer
    Kevin,

I will contact a friend that grew up in the area and get back to you ASAP.
  • outboardsurplusoutboardsurplus Posts: 112 Deckhand
    There is a bait shop in that area can't remember the name though.
  • nadapescadanadapescada Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    The Liberty gas station on walsingham road (SR686) carries live shrimp and frozen bait if you haven't found a place yet
    The Liberty gas station on walsingham road (SR686) carries live shrimp and frozen bait if you haven't found a place yet

I have been there, like the staff-if I have to I will make the Trek over to Gandy Bait & Tackle, I know those boys got some bait. I wont have my boat down here with me so I have to rely on other resources , maybe there will be some bait in the surf
    Mullet??????????
  • ukdaveinflukdaveinfl Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    There's a Bait and Cigar shop on Guld Blvd in India Rocks Beach around 14th in a small strip across from the beach, there is a bike rental place next to it.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,029 AG
    There's a bunch of them. Especially to the S of you. The long pier has a bait shop too.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    Thanks a bunch for your help :beer:beer
  • Anclote KeyAnclote Key Posts: 2,354 Officer
    I don't want to hijack your post but I figured I might as well ask about bait in the New Port Richey area here than start a new thread. Do you guys know of a good place to get some livebait in the NPR area as well?
    The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t. –Patrick F. McManus
  • 77 mako 2377 mako 23 Posts: 187 Deckhand
    I would google it I'm sure there are places. I know the are two bait shops in johns pass, one is on the board walk and the other is the marina by gators. Both carried live shrimp and pin fish. They are just a few miles south of you.....hope that helps.
  • tydtyd Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    ukdaveinfl wrote: »
    There's a Bait and Cigar shop on Guld Blvd in India Rocks Beach around 14th in a small strip across from the beach, there is a bike rental place next to it.

good place it is in a strip center with a candy place and right next door to Red Lion. (a bar)
  • CodySCodyS Posts: 243 Officer
    The mullet and pilchards have been thick on the beaches around there lately. If I need shrimp I will hit the Bait House at Clearwater Beach. Used to be a awesome bait shop off FT Harrison that recently closed down, forgot the name though.
  • ~~Mutt~~~~Mutt~~ Posts: 478 Deckhand
    CodyS wrote: »
    Used to be a awesome bait shop off FT Harrison
    Bonnies