Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Jupiter/Port Salerno Lodging Advice

Greetings from South Carolina Southeast Forum members. I'm an avid fisherman in Charleston, SC and although the fishing is great Charleston has one problem, no snook. I've been making week long trips to the Pine Island area in Southwest Florida every year for a little over ten years now trying to feed this snook addiction. I've read several articles about the great snook fishery that the Jupiter/Port Salerno/Hobe Sound area has and I've decided that I'd like to give your area a try on my next trip. I've done a fair amount of research for fisherman friendly places to stay in this area, and I haven't had much luck. I kind of get the impression that this area is geared towards beach tourism and that's about it as far as accomodations go. If anyone reading this has any information on lodging other than hotels in these areas, I would appreciate some advice. Ideally what I'm looking for is somewhere close to a boat ramp where I can safely park my boat/trailer and that has some sort of kitchen for a reasonable price. I've already found the cabins at Jonathan Dickinson State Park which look ideal, but it appears that they will be unavailable due to renovations after May 1st. I'm not looking for luxury. This will be two guys in a well used fishing boat who want to fish all day, enjoy a few wheat sodas, and have somewhere to cook dinner and sleep at night without fear of contracting something that won't wash off or waking up to a stripped boat. The closer to the ICW and inlets the better. I appreciate any and all advice anyone is willing to give.

Replies

• Buccanr1Buccanr1 Posts: 437 Deckhand
    IMO, you have more opportunities for snook and inshore on the West Coast or Flamingo area. Yes Ive lived and fished all the from Cedar Key to Key West and everything in between. Ive lived in the Jupiter area for 6 years and have been fishing here for 15 years. I would stay up towards Ft Pierce area if you are determined to inshore fish on this coast.
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 845 Officer
    The snook capital of Florida is Stuart/Jensen Beach. What you described is exactly River Palm Cottages or Carribean Shores, rustic but clean, fishing amenities, trailer parking, and 100 yards or so to new boat ramps. There is other mom and pop motels also in the area. Snook Nook for bait, tackle, and expert advice which they will gladly provide for the asking. Let me know if you need further. Jupiter is twenty minutes south but not as fisher friendly.
  • Martin LocalMartin Local Posts: 557 Officer
    River palms fish camps is the place you want hands down. in jensen beach 15-20 min from salerno, but located in a perfect fishing area http://www.riverpalmcottages.com/
    MartinSig012-1-1.jpg
  • DavidmarineDavidmarine Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Givin up 1 of the best seceret spots I know. Best western is a block from the ramp. Very fish friendly and on the intercoastal. US1 Jupitor.
  • hewes18hewes18 Posts: 757 Officer
    I've stayed at Pirates Cove and Jupiter Waterfront Inn, both very nice places right on the water.
    tumblr_lkaudd2RQQ1qg6fb5.gif
  • PureCPureC Posts: 46 Deckhand
    The Jupiter Waterfront Inn is nice, has docks for your boat and onsite parking for truck/trailers. Plus you're only a few minutes from the inlet & loxahatchee river.
    2.png
    Rock The Rag!