Home General Hunting

Hunting Club

flats1flats1 Posts: 114 Officer
Does anybody know of a good hunting club in Florida for a reasonable price? I'm looking for something with a good amount of deer turkey and hogs. But i want to be able to run hog dogs during the off season. All the clubs that I find that you can run hog dogs seem to not have many deer or its a full on deer dog club and they run deer 7 days a week and only allow the use of hog dogs during general gun season. If anybody knows of anything let me know. Thanks

Replies

• binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    hate to ruin your post,but what your looking for does not exist in Florida.
  • Skunk ApeSkunk Ape Posts: 3,855 Captain
    Not true,I hunt and have hunted clubs on Foley timber and they all went to yr round hog hunting. Only problem is everyone is a hog hunter now and the hogs are getting scarce as hell. I wish they'd go back to just one weekend a month hog hunting or shut it down during the summer.
  • flats1flats1 Posts: 114 Officer

Why do you say that? Where does what i'm talking about exist? Georgia?
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Most good leases don't allow dogs to be run on them..if they are QDM leases.

Nobody who hunts deer unless its on a dog running deer lease,want to see dogs run on a lease.

Me, I love to hear,see and chase around dogs in the woods...nothing like a pack of beagles cuttin loose on a hot trail crack of dawn.

If you find a lease that produces good deer and allows for dog running for hogs,let me know i'm in.Might be a high fence lease,but if the price is right who cares.
  • Skunk ApeSkunk Ape Posts: 3,855 Captain
    You'd think with the number of still hunt clubs over run with hogs they'
    d let a hog dogger in just to help keep them in check.Or at least invite them to rum a weekend or two during after Thanksgiving.
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,702 Captain
    My current lease allows year round hog doggin. Last summer you couldn't find a hog track to save your soul. I only had a straggler here and there on camera. Now that hunting season is over and turkey season is going on, there are hogs everywhere. I am finding hog sign all over. Give it a month and it will be back like it was last summer

I would love to see it banned in the off season, or only one weekend a month. Unfortunately, these leases can't get enough members w/o allowing it