Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

College baseball

Another starting SS in the fam...(not my side of course), but the Harben genes keep producing gloves and arms...just need the dang bats to show up (none have). Crazy how he grips and throws the rock fields balls JUST LIKE his cousins...

Caleb is a true freshman and won the starting job @ Georgia State. They knocked off Tech recently too. He's a gamer! His Father died of colon cancer a couple years ago...I know his Dad is proud! Caleb is a fine young person off the field too.

526788_3573822384260_1234058916_33588130_1087856608_n.jpg

And on other teams>>>

Isn't there another Posey at FSU???

UGA is not so good I hear...Tech, well they did already lose to GSU.
Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,955 AG
    Hope he does really well for himself :beer Looks like a good solid kid in the pic

Is he one of the moochers??
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • SwampratSwamprat Posts: 1,058 Officer
    Congrats to the young man......hope he does well but for me baseball equals painting a wall with molasses. YAWN.

Enjoyed it as a kid but now don't watch a single game no matter the league.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Good lookin' kid, he has to be from the other side. :grin

That is a HUGE accomplishment winning the starting spot as a freshman. Congrats to Caleb!
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,382 Admiral
    ferris,

better not make that bet...GT baseball is well, GT good.

Thanks for the remarks on Caleb. In my world, playing this level of baseball is a great accomplishment. Plus, Caleb is just a great nice young person...he took his Father's passing hard of course, but stayed strong.

When a man passes leaving young ones - your fear can be how they will turn out, what choices will they make without their Father around, etc. Caleb's Father was one of the best people I had ever know period and I am not saying that because he has passed - he was the REAL deal.
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
    Rusty's middle son on the right...he's a clone of the Rustybucket

556149_590398376746_198502240_31246748_1447467825_n.jpg
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    GSU lost their best player a projected top 10 pick in the upcoming draft OF Victor Roache to injury and haven't found their stride yet. They did knock of GT the other day. Before the injury, it was a team looking dead at the CWS. I think the injury to their best player put them down mentally. They should recover to make a run in the Southern Conference Tournament though. They always play their best ball there.

I can't find him on the roster?
    tapate wrote: »
    GSU lost their best player a projected top 10 pick in the upcoming draft OF Victor Roache to injury and haven't found their stride yet. They did knock of GT the other day. Before the injury, it was a team looking dead at the CWS. I think the injury to their best player put them down mentally. They should recover to make a run in the Southern Conference Tournament though. They always play their best ball there.

I can't find him on the roster?

http://www.panthertalk.com/2011-baseball-signee-caleb-gore/
  • hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    Looks like a ballplayer:thumbsup
    Oh you meant Ga State.

NN

No one gives a NAMAW about the cow pasture school :grin We are talking reel college sports...
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    NN

No one gives a NAMAW about the cow pasture school :grin We are talking reel college sports...

Yeah, I can't imagine why I didn't think of it first. I mean when someone says GSU my mind automatically jumps to the powerhouse in ATL.
    Yeah, I can't imagine why I didn't think of it first. I mean when someone says GSU my mind automatically jumps to the powerhouse in ATL.

Mistakes happen - :thumbsup
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,701 Admiral
    GSU, that is the one with the Eagle, correct?
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
    Slough wrote: »
    GSU, that is the one with the Eagle, correct?
    CORRECT. Also the one with all the banners. We tend to hang a bunch around that cow pasture.
    Let's tee it up tapate, - next time I 'm in Agony. You up for a round soon??? next week or two>?>> I will buy the beer, ya moocher :wink
    Anytime. Ill be around. Game is in the absolute crapper. Was casting the club really badly and have had to break my swing down completely to correct it. Im a mess.
  • JTRJTR Posts: 1,188 Officer
    Starting freshman = Awesome!!! :Rockon