Home General Hunting

Killed a young bird on Sat.

gatormarkgatormark Posts: 2,240 Officer
In the blind sat morning, five mins from the house and I knew I had to be at softball by 8:30 am foe the little one. Had three gobbling in front of me and they came down at 7 am. They moved into the grove quickly and I knew my chances where slim once they hened up but a youn bird( 5 in beard) came back out on the edge so I figured I might best take him with my VERY LIMITED hunt time. Sorry, no pictures, I dont do the photo bucket thing. Might go back this weekend for one more shot at the boss. Tell ya what, grove hunting is tough.:huh

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,657 AG
    No need to make excuses. Shoot it if you wish. He'll taste good I'm sure. congrats :beer
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,344 Moderator
    Good job! I"m going to try and go before work on Friday. I'm busy all day Sat and Sunday am. If I don't have any success Friday am, I'll likely end up out there for a pm hunt on Sunday.

Speaking of taste... do older birds get tough?

I fried up some nuggets on Monday night from one breast off that bird I shot and it was EXCELLENT. He was either a 2 or 3 year old bird (depending on who I asked).
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"