Skip to main content
Home Keys General Fishing & The Outdoors

I'll Beg If I Have To

Dear Mr. Got A Go,
The SE Forum moderators were given the latitude to improve their section however they see fit. They took a poll and 95% of member voted to change the forum to no more than 3 sections -

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?43743-*****-BREAKING-NEWS-*****-FORUM-CHANGES...-YOUR-INPUT-IS-NEEDED!

Somewhere buried in that thread you'll see Griz comment that you can do the same thing here. If you need a poll, take it, I'm sure the results will be similar. I'd vote for 2 sections here just based on how few posts we get but would be OK with a separate business directory. So, pretty please, with sugar on top, consolidate the sections so that we can get some traffic back in our little section of the internet.

Thanks,
Your buddy 'trep.

Replies

• Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    So, pretty please, with sugar on top, consolidate the sections so that we can get some traffic back in our little section of the internet.

Thanks,
    Your buddy 'trep.

Well...Since you asked so nice....And I'm done with the KWFt Kick-Off event, which went very well. Did you get a chance to check out that weather link while it was active? :beer

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,736 Captain
    Thanks Rob. I checked out the weather link. It was a bit data intensive for me. I've really enjoyed using Hilton's Realtime Navigator for SST, Currents, Altimetry, etc. It's a pay service but it's really nice - http://www.hiltonsoffshore.com/
    It's a pay service but it's really nice - http://www.hiltonsoffshore.com/

I ran into Tom up at the Miami Boat show. His is pretty nice. I was looking for some input (other than my own) on the MWI info (also a pay service).

Tom's seems to have a little better detail and seems a bit more user friendly. Do you ever pop pver to ConFron to say hi to him?

Rob

• TeamTekeTeamTeke Posts: 993 Officer
    OK...let's not derail this thread or I will have to report it to a moderator.

Now...back to the subject. Let's just have two sections, general and fishing reports. If this happens, I promise to start posting fishing reports again.
    Happiness is the journey, not the destination.
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,736 Captain
    Got TA Go wrote: »
    I ran into Tom up at the Miami Boat show. His is pretty nice. I was looking for some input (other than my own) on the MWI info (also a pay service).

Tom's seems to have a little better detail and seems a bit more user friendly. Do you ever pop pver to ConFron to say hi to him?

Rob

This raises two interesting issues.

1. You actually traveled north (east) of the 7 mile bridge and didn't let me buy you a drink?
    2. I had know idea Tom was a member here so I suppose I need to spend more time in ConFron.

Oh, and Ron...Mind your own business! This is a moderator sanctioned derail which is explicitly allowed on page 372 of the ever changing FS Forum Book of Rules. :wink
    This raises two interesting issues.

1. You actually traveled north (east) of the 7 mile bridge and didn't let me buy you a drink?
    2. I had know idea Tom was a member here so I suppose I need to spend more time in ConFron.

I did...and it was a little scary. Was a last minute thing. I would have called, but I didn't know there was going to be a bar at the show, and I wasn't driving. :wink

Tom is very active in ConFron. It might be the only Section he posts in.
    Oh, and Ron...Mind your own business! This is a moderator sanctioned derail which is explicitly allowed on page 372 of the ever changing FS Forum Book of Rules. :wink

Ron... The question was answered, and then we decided to just "chat" about other fishing related subjects. This is allowed under Chapter 64, Paragraph 115, Sub-Para 45(a), Table 435 of the Moderator Quick Reference Guide (MQRG).

Along those lines, Table 435 Addendum 34...You are allowed to participate in this de-railing. :grin

:beer

• alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,666 Captain
    i vote to reduce it to 2 sections. fishing reports and general (with business and everything else thrown in there).

by the way, what the hell is ConFron?
    alacrity wrote: »
    by the way, what the hell is ConFron?

It's the Conservation Front Section of the Forum: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Conservation-Front

In there you'll find information on proposed regulations, current regulations, State and Fed info, Catch Shares, IFQs, etc...

If you have an interest in fishing or have questions regarding regulations, you should check it out. There are several of us that sit on various Councils that post in there. We also have Commercial Guys sharing their ideas on how to best protect their interest.

I have to warn you...some of the discussions can become very heated. Those of us that spend time in there have thick skin and detailed info on the system of Fisheries Management. NOAA, NMFS, various Councils and LEO follow FS ConFron...but will never post for fear of being eaten alive. :grin

Make sure you check out the thread with the poll of choices here in the Keys General so that your vote can be heard on how many Sections we should have in the Keys. :wink

When you don't find me here in the Keys Sections...Most likely I'm on the water of having a "conversation" in ConFron. :beer

Rob

• alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,666 Captain
    Got TA Go wrote: »
    It's the Conservation Front Section of the Forum: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Conservation-Front

In there you'll find information on proposed regulations, current regulations, State and Fed info, Catch Shares, IFQs, etc...

If you have an interest in fishing or have questions regarding regulations, you should check it out. There are several of us that sit on various Councils that post in there. We also have Commercial Guys sharing their ideas on how to best protect their interest.

I have to warn you...some of the discussions can become very heated. Those of us that spend time in there have thick skin and detailed info on the system of Fisheries Management. NOAA, NMFS, various Councils and LEO follow FS ConFron...but will never post for fear of being eaten alive. :grin

Make sure you check out the thread with the poll of choices here in the Keys General so that your vote can be heard on how many Sections we should have in the Keys. :wink

When you don't find me here in the Keys Sections...Most likely I'm on the water of having a "conversation" in ConFron. :beer

Rob

thanks for the detailed response. i appreciate it.