Skip to main content
Home Boating

Action Craft Customer service

PBRPBR Posts: 136 Officer
edited June 3 in Boating #1
Have you tried to get anything from these people? I have called left mesages tried e-mails > I know this is an older boat but Someone @ Action craft needs to realize that Customer service is what sells boats the next time around. I even live near by. Even talked to a couple of marine repair places and they said they were treated the same way. Love the boat, Just wish the Co. was more easy to deal with

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,765 Moderator
    Once (only once) I called them and they sent a replacement hatch latch. They even sent it C.O.D. and said just send the money when I recieved it..
    I thought that was very cool. However , I've noticed they WILL NOT reply or comment on here and havent for a few years ?
    What gives ?? Every since they moved to S.Carolina they don't seem to have any customer service..
    "You'll get your weather"
  • PBRPBR Posts: 136 Officer
    They did not move they are still in Cape Coral
  • jacknelsonjacknelson Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I'll try to go over there this week and see whats up, they are about a 15 min drive if they are still in the cape
  • SEARUNNERSEARUNNER Posts: 287 Deckhand
    I've never experienced any kind of bad customer service from them. They always answer my stupid questions whenever I call. They replaced my console windshield and even sent it next day. I always get my emails answered as well directly from Paul. He usually responds to my emails within 24-48hrs.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,765 Moderator
    jacknelson wrote: »
    I'll try to go over there this week and see whats up, they are about a 15 min drive if they are still in the cape

They still there ?
    "You'll get your weather"
    Yes they are still in the Cape . I just can't seem to get any answers from them. When I call they seem to be confuised and they say they will call back . and when I e mail them I get no responce. I know that this is an older boat .But I also have a Bass Cat that I was going to redo ( same year as the A/C)and the Customer service from them is outstanding. It a shame I do realy like the boat . One of the boat dealers in town said he has been treated the same way .
  • Tangled UpTangled Up Posts: 92 Deckhand
    I have been calling them all summer to get a small amount of gelcoat to fix some air voids on the rising strakes. I for the life of me can not get them to send it. They keep saying they need to order small containers. I call every other week from the begining of the summer of 2011 and it is Nov 2011 and I still can't get the gelcoat from them. I want my boat to have matching gelcoat. If any one knows anyone other than the man that answers the phone and promises me he is going to get it out to me I would try giving them a call. The boat is a very nice boat and I hope to keep it for some time, just want to make the right repairs to it.
    The man that answers the phone is Paul the owner . He seems to be a nice guy but he is sure confuised. I called to see if I could get just the top for a poling platform and he wanted more for the top then I can get a complet poling platform for with a top. Ther is a place in Wildwood Fl that can color match .I belive it is called mini craft of florida
  • jkvillejkville Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    I haven't tried to contact them lately but last year I spoke to (and emailed) Vinnie there at AC several times regarding some wiring questions on 1720SE. Vinnie responded everytime and hooked me up with a guy named Pete who waked me through the wiring connections. They were very helpful with my problem at the time. Vinnie's email address was "[email protected]". May be worth a try.

I, like Capt Louie, also needed parts and Vinnie UPS'd to me with the bill enclosed, no questions asked. May be like every other business here lately and can't make ends meet and are understaffed.
  • FlatoutventuresFlatoutventures Posts: 228 Deckhand
    Hello everyone!'

Vinnie is not there any longer. Appears to be a casualty of the economy. I think you are going to be challenged right now to get good customer service out of AC on follow up issues. Too bad for all of us.

I do not know a good answer for parts and other issues, but I do know the former AC Service Manager and he has opened up shop in Cape Coral. He does all the fiberglass work and rigging. He was an AC employee for I think around 10 years and he personally did most of the warranty repairs and built the boats from the ground up. He is probably the best resource left for anyone that actually needs work done on their AC. He has done work on both of my boats and he is awesome to deal with and does quality work at a reasonable price.

I do not want to throw the guys cell phone on a public forum, but if anyone needs to speak with him on a boat repair need send me a PM.
  • dble-downdble-down Posts: 518 Officer
    I keep hearing this company is out of business, I did reach someone about 6 months ago by telephone and the guy said send him a email with my parts request which I did and >>>>>
    I never heard back.
    That was proberly the owner Paul you talked to . I was treated the same way I even went to ther so called shop was treated like I was bothering them . I wanted to get a poling platform top . He wanted 600 dollars just for the top. . Went down the street and the welding shop said that they could build the whole poling platform and the top for that . As I said before their are some of the boat yards around here that said that they were treated the same way.. Just a shame that this is the way they want to a custormer. I gusses that why you don't see any dealers for them eaither .
  • des1802des1802 Posts: 116 Deckhand
    I talked to Paul not long ago. Vinnie no longer works there. Paul will get back to you when he can. I am sure there must be a reason. He always gets back to me. I have always had a positive experience dealing with AC.
  • Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,831 Captain
    It sometimes took 2 or 3 calls, but Vinnie always came through for me. I have not tried them since he left. The above posts sure don't make future service look promising.
  • AC VictimAC Victim Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    The owner of Flatsmaster Marine LLC (Action Craft Inc,) may have had a “Shop” in Nov. 2011, but he sure as hell was not putting out any boats, he got my order (and deposit) July 1st 2011.

I confronted him at his warehouse full of molds sitting around collecting dust on 2/21/12, and yes he did say “his business sales broker told him to get as many boat orders as he can to attract a buyer.” The man has no capabilities to build a boat and he keeps taking orders he has no intention of executing.

I would hate to see anybody else get sucked in by the BOGUS ACTION CRAFT WEBSITES that are currently online.

STAY WELL CLEAR OF ACTION CRAFT, COASTLINE, & COASTAL BAY BOATS!