Home Photography Corner

New Member Checking In

Anclote KeyAnclote Key Posts: 2,354 Officer
Hello Florida Sportsman,

I just joined this forum a few days ago, and I have been spending a lot of time sifting through all the great advice and experiences of all the members. I'm glad to find out that so many of you share my love of photography and of course, boating and fishing! I posted a few of my favorite photos that I've taken over the last couple years. Hope you like them.

West coast of Anclote Key
brettalyeaphotography.jpg

My son Sammie on the North Anclote Key Sandbar
sammieblackandwhiteonis.jpg

Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Port Richey
sear.jpg

Grass Flats and Birds near Anclote Key
islandbirds.jpg

St. Pete and Tampa Bay
jungleinstpete.jpg
The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t. –Patrick F. McManus

Replies

• Anclote KeyAnclote Key Posts: 2,354 Officer
    Forgot to mention that all these were shot with a little Nikon point and shoot, I have a 35mm Nikon film camers also, but I'm tired of paying for film and processing. A fancy DSLR is on my x-mas list, but I have to wait for Santa. Please feel free to critique my photos. I don't mind constructive criticism.
    The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t. –Patrick F. McManus
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,919 Admiral
    Nice presentation.

I've shot with mostly with point and shoots for years. It's a lot easier to get good shots when you have a camera with you a lot more often.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • barlow46barlow46 Posts: 312 Deckhand
    Very nice. I really like a landscape especially one in FL. I have also found that having my point and shoot handy is much easier than getting the big one out and ready. Plus, most of the time the "intelligent auto" setting on my point and shoot is smarter than I am.
    East Coast Florida
    Thanks guys. Those little camers have gotten so good they produce some pretty good shots. I do miss my telephoto lens from my 35mm though. I think I'm going to load it up and start bringing it with me on the boat.
  • FishdflatsFishdflats Posts: 176 Deckhand
    Nice pictures. I liked the first two the most. Welcome to the forum.
    -Luis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You. Glad to be here.