Need Recs--------> Garage Door this time!

That massive spring that rolls up the 2-car garage door blew out years ago and slightly dented all four panels. With all the other house projects going, this is a good time to get that swapped out for a new one.

Any Recs in the Broward area?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Gary, I just had a spring break a few weeks ago, always on a Sunday. Monday am, I started dialing for dollars and everyone seemed to be about the same. Guy came, changed out both springs, never want to do just one, and bill was double what was quoted. After a loud "discussion", got it down to "reasonable" but I made the mistake of not asking for the TOTAL amount, not just the spring replacement. Make sure whoever you call you get the complete, total amount up front. BTW, I think most of the guys that do this are about the same, if you get a guy with an Israeli accent, run!
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,127 AG
    dpdash wrote: »
    Gary, I just had a spring break a few weeks ago, always on a Sunday. Monday am, I started dialing for dollars and everyone seemed to be about the same.

Gotcha........ thanks! When the guy replaced the spring he said that a new door/motor/tracks, etc would run about $1,500......
  • JoeGiulJoeGiul Posts: 453 Deckhand
    I used Access Garage Doors http://www.accessgaragedoorcompany.com/ They did a complete in code metal door with new tracks, opener etc with an outdoor panel for $1900. This was in 2008. He was in line for price and showed up on time.
    Joe G.
    Lighthouse Point
  • Auburn1Auburn1 Posts: 36 Deckhand
    Always had good service from Automated Home Service, including weekend work. They've installed a new garage door, a few years later repaired the spring, and installed a new opener. All spur of the moment. Happy with them.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,127 AG
    Thanks guys...... :thumbsup