Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Homosassa 2/27 Reds and Trout with Don

The wind finally let up and the (much needed) rain stopped at noon today so it was a great day to go fishing! i asked Don to join me for the afternoon and he did just that. Ay 12:30 we hit the flats and the tide just shifted to incomming. At first the deeper cut near the passes were loaded with lower slot trout. We played with those for a while and then started hitting the islands for larger trout and reds. The redfish are starting to show in numbers on the barrier islands. We saw quite a few reds tailing in the real skinny stuff and whenever we could get a good play on one it was ready to eat our mirrolures. Several times I casted to a swirl and saw a good red wake towards my bait and swallow it. The largest red went a fat 29" The larger trout were around but not as thick as we expected. We released all but a couple of the lower slot trout for dinner. Every fish was caught on mirrodines and mirrominnows. The super clear water was 67 degrees today. Another great day on the bay in the Big Bend!

IMG_0126.jpg
IMG_0125.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0120.jpg
IMG_0118.jpg
This place Rocks if yer a crabber

Replies