Thurs 2/23 Tuna & Blue Marlin Out of PE

Headed out to smooth slick seas at 7:00 and wasn't going to stop until 800'. We passed a nice slick in 400', but said nope there's something out in 850' so we kept going. Sure enough we were greeted with a nice weed line stretching for miles. Got the set up out and started trolling north. No boats around for sometime. Lot's of tuna birds around, but we were after dolly's and maybe the man in the blue suite. (a few bigger lures out) No bait under the weeds and right at about the steeple we pass another boat, fairly close I might add. (Remember Captains Port to Port) I turn to look at the other boat's lines and see an angler grab a rod and I am thinking we got one of his lines when WHAM an estimate 250# Blue Marlin jumps in the spread. I am waiting for a rod to go off and then realize it's the other boat hooked up and foul hooked the fish on a 20# spinner. We got a great look at the fish as it jumped 25 yds behind our boat. We continued in the area and picked up a skippy as the Marlin took them out to sea, as we watched them go off into the distance. Otherwise a slow day out there with not any other action. As we were trolling back to the south we seen the guys that hooked the fish and sure enough they said they got spooled (Bummer). Packed up @12 as the wind picked up pretty good outta the south. We left the Kite gear at the dock since there was no wind, Murphy's law the wind picked up enough to fly kites.

Tight Lines!!

Tom

Replies

• snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Officer
    Nice Job fellas!! Love to see those blues do what they do!!!
  • GamekillaGamekilla Posts: 461 Officer
    Nice job Tom...Hey Im heading back to the keys this year in May...it never worked out last year but maybe we can work something out this year...
  • BaileyLegalBaileyLegal Posts: 91 Greenhorn
    Went out of PE at around 11:30am sloppy 3-5 ft with 20 knot wind from the south. Picked up a skippy and african pompano. Couldn't take the chop anymore so called it at 3:00pm..
  • lunkerdoglunkerdog Posts: 99 Deckhand
    That what Im talking about there are alot more Blues out there than you think.
  • CNTDRCNTDR Great Harbor Cay, BahamasPosts: 873 Officer
    hey tom, did you see the pm that i sent you?
    Great Harbor Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas
    pm me for rental info.