East Coast Inshore Derby

brettfitzbrettfitz Posts: 438 Deckhand
The Snook and Gamefish Foundation will be having a fishing derby that inlcudes 6 species: snook, redfish, sea trout, tarpon, permit, and bone fish.

The purpose of the derby is to raise awareness of the Angler Action Program, which is a recreational database of fish caught and released.

As of right now, we're looking to having the derby open for fishing during the month of June, with a Recognition Party for participants in early July (location TBD).

Anyone interested in helping out, please contact me via PM or email [email protected].

The Angler Action program was started as a way to collect snook data after the big freeze 2 years ago. The fantastic success has led to expansion to other species, and the very real possibility that we can someday soon solve many of the science data concerns, questions, and issues rec anglers have been having, both inshore and offshore.

I'll post more details here as soon as we have our first organizational meeting.
"A 'real' fisherman is one who thinks like I do. There are more of us around than you might suspect."
-John Gierach

Replies

• jpmiller1910jpmiller1910 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Looking for the updates as they come through.

Sent from my Android.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Goes to show you never can tell"